2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ - Power Mirror problem

Bought my 2014 Brand New (ordered it) when they changed the body style.  I have 143k miles on it and yesterday the weirdest thing happened.  The power mirrors stopped working.  When I would hold down the lock they would fold in.  When in reverse they would tilt so I can see backing up (have a 7 inch Rough Country lift since day 1) so I got use to the mirrors tilting.  The other odd thing is the tilt mirror (power options) is not showing up on the radio anymore.  I use to have an option on the radio to set preferences for power mirrors but it is like I it never existed.  The frustrating part is I just paid 150.00 bucks for the map update and good ole GM sent me a 2005 USB stick and I updated the maps.  It installed successfully and I didn't get any errors but now my power mirror option on the radio is gone?  I called GM Nav Entertainment team and all they said is take it to the dealership.  I'm a software engineer and didn't want to take it into a dealership to pay them to troubleshoot a tech update problem.  I called the dealership and asked questions and all they said was bring it in.

I googled and researched forums, tech fuse specs etc.  Did anyone have similar problems?  All my fuses are good.  The turn signal still works in both but it is very strange the radio doesn't even  act like power mirrors are installed.

Any ideas?

Thank you

JW

Ok I did more troubleshooting and it is not just the mirror.  My power seat won't work and my driver memory 'drive 1' and 'driver 2' wont work.  Can't move the seats and mirrors can't be adjusted ???

Back to the drawing board and more research...any ideas?

6 minutes ago, jjwile2 said:

Ok I did more troubleshooting and it is not just the mirror.  My power seat won't work and my driver memory 'drive 1' and 'driver 2' wont work.  Can't move the seats and mirrors can't be adjusted ???

Pgamboa would be the guy to touch base with. He’s an electrical genius with our trucks. 

10 minutes ago, jjwile2 said:

Disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes, let the truck reset itself, connect it back and see what happens.

So after more troubleshooting and realizing all the options on the radio were missing:  All the convenience options were gone.  I  did what JimCost2014 said and disconnected the battery for 30 mins.  Reconnected and the console had me walk through factory settings.  Once I did that everything was back to normal.  The only thing I did prior to the issues was update the map via USB but the mirror and power issues didn't happen until 2 weeks later.  I didn't have anything change so I'm not sure what caused the issue or what the disconnect of the battery (reset) was needed.  Bad thing is I lost all my settings on the radio, GPS, favorite locations, and GPS history.

I can only imagine what the dealership would have charged and told me.  I probably would have paid for a computer ones and zero upgrade compliance and factory reset charge, diagnostic charge, 2 hours of service and big 600.00 bill that would take away from my Natural Light beer fund.

Thank you JimCost2014!!!

Still love my Chevy :-)

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 3/12/2019 at 6:00 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes, let the truck reset itself, connect it back and see what happens.

I just had this problem on my 2014 Denali.  Mirrors were folded while parked, when got back in they wouldn’t return.  And realized Power driver seat wouldn’t work and settings in menu were missing.  Checked a bunch of fuses, all good.  Thankfully found your post before taking it to the shop…disconnected battery for 30 min and all is back to normal.  Many thanks to JimCost2014 you saved me a bunch of money!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mike Schiano said:

I just had this problem on my 2014 Denali.  Mirrors were folded while parked, when got back in they wouldn’t return.  And realized Power driver seat wouldn’t work and settings in menu were missing.  Checked a bunch of fuses, all good.  Thankfully found your post before taking it to the shop…disconnected battery for 30 min and all is back to normal.  Many thanks to JimCost2014 you saved me a bunch of money!

You are very welcome.