Duct tape, really?

I pulled the cover off  the Driver's side fuse box and was greeted by this.  Really?  Please tell me the relays aren't being held in place with duct tape GM...

Reminds me of when I took my Titan apart and all the dash switches had zipties around them so they wouldn't fall out.  What the hell?

IMG_5167.thumb.JPG.8d9255039203ea442f4ba3ddf44efe59.JPG

IMG_5168.thumb.JPG.fb7051c05a1ea163e9b95798f3350365.JPG

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Wow, it really came from the factory like that??? I would check with your service department to see if they have done any TSB's or any type of warranty work before you bought it.

Other thing you could do, go to the lot and have them pull the same panel on another truck to compare.

Yup came like that- I was hoping others could check theirs...the panel just pulls straight off 

They don’t seem to be loose but I didn’t exactly pull. I mean- if duct tape is holding it together I really don’t want to take it apart lol

Edited by Limelight
  • Haha 2

This is said tongue in cheek, kinda, keep that tape!  True factory over spray, factory markings (used to be chalk), and factory tape adds immeasurably to the value of a classic, will these trucks be classics?   Personally I doubt it, but only time will tell. Do what makes you happy.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I have the tape too, but my strips are cut neater. :P

0B92DCCC-1C82-4985-B13E-AC28F3FE1244.thumb.jpeg.5c2464a8b33382be4068e048dad5088c.jpeg

Mine is a 10/2018 USA-built truck, if we decide to keep a roster the duct-taped trucks.

I think that’s just crazy. Never EVER seen a new vehicle with duct tape holding stuff together.  Where’s the GM guy??  Ha

• Haha 1