Is there any preventative maintenance that can be done with the tailgate latch? Mine ‘18 seems to be getting a little tough to open and although it’s under warranty I thought if I could lube, grease, silicone, spit on, or whatever it takes to loosen it up it’d be nice.

Thank you for your consideration and as a side note I will not be having a garage sale this weekend.

23 hours ago, Jimmyc! said:

Bump #1

Could be your tail gate is just not lining up properly.

If you open the latch with your right hand, take your left and push the gate towards the cab with your left hand right above latch on lip where the plastic cover is(other way if you are left handed) and see if it is easier.

Old school trick that works on older trucks, does make it easier with new ones too.

Edited by JimCost2014

7 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Could be your tail gate is just not lining up properly.

If you open the latch with your right hand, take your left and push the gate towards the cab with your left hand right above latch on lip where the plastic cover is(other way if you are left handed) and see if it is easier.

Old school trick that works on older trucks, does make it easier with new ones too.

Well I'll be damned it works like a charm. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...