Seat Belts

I don't know what GM was thinking removing the seat belt height adjuster in the pillar.  Any fabricators out there that could make some sort of add on adjustable part?  Or maybe use the adjuster from one of the older ones and cut a track in the pillar for it to slide up and down.  I just hate having to ride around with my seat so high up to prevent the dang thing from cutting into my neck.

11 minutes ago, Robwcormack said:

I don't know what GM was thinking removing the seat belt height adjuster in the pillar.  Any fabricators out there that could make some sort of add on adjustable part?  Or maybe use the adjuster from one of the older ones and cut a track in the pillar for it to slide up and down.  I just hate having to ride around with my seat so high up to prevent the dang thing from cutting into my neck.

I believe they removed it because they can't have an adjustable seat belt height anymore due to some new safety rules.

25 minutes ago, z1boss said:

I believe they removed it because they can't have an adjustable seat belt height anymore due to some new safety rules.

If that were the case, the Rams, F150s, and Tundras wouldn't have them.  But they do.  Titans might, but I haven't been in a 2019 of those (or any other year for that matter)

Edited by Robwcormack

• 2 months later...

Sorry you feel that way over a seatbelt. But if no adjustment was a deal breaker, not buying the truck in the first place would probably be more effective in convincing GM to bring the adjustments back. You can’t vote with your wallet AFTER you drive the thing off the lot.

• Like 4

Only thing that bothers me about the seat belts is when all the windows are down, the rear and passenger seat belts just flap in the wind causing them to smack into the plastic making noise. So now i have to keep them buckled, instead of dangling. 

• 1 month later...

I have been planning on buying a new 2020 Sierra Elevation model to replace my 2014 Sierra.  When I test drove it, I was shocked there wasn't an obvious adjustment of seat belt height on the pillar.  Figured it was just something I'd have to look in manual to figure out.  Then salesman said they do NOT adjust...  Really??  What a lame brained change.  I'm only 5'7" so the seat belt cuts into my neck.  If the change was made for any "safety" reasons, I'm afraid most people will end up not using the seat belt - so how smart was that?  You can put a "heads up display" that shows up on the windshield, but can't adjust the seat belt???

.02  Seems the belt height adjusters have been removed from all the latest gens of different models, likely for safety reasons along with the redesign of the front to rear curtain airbags. GMs are shaped more like a solid rectangular wall than other makes with cutouts and asymmetrical shapes to provide protection to specific areas rather than the whole side. Lowered GM adjuster height might interfere with proper deployment.

It's not like it is a hidden secret, a simple buckle up on a test drive would reveal anchors are no longer adjustable. Simple solution = Don't like it; don't buy it.

• Like 3