Lower front bumper valance

Drove into a pile of garden stone by accident trying to make a tight turn, ended up messing up my lower valance pretty good.

Anyone remove theirs? Notice any significant drop in MPG? I'm not too bothered by the damage because I've been thinking of removing it anyway.

Curious to hear if anyone else has taken it off.

image2-6.jpeg

34 minutes ago, RSTPilot86 said:

Drove into a pile of garden stone by accident trying to make a tight turn, ended up messing up my lower valance pretty good.

Anyone remove theirs? Notice any significant drop in MPG? I'm not too bothered by the damage because I've been thinking of removing it anyway.

Curious to hear if anyone else has taken it off.

image2-6.jpeg

All Trailbosses have them removed.

• Like 1

Mine is still on my RST, but I think I'll remove it soon. I took mine off my 2007, and was glad I did numerous times. My gas mileage was always as good or better than the OEM specs on my '07, so I don't think removing it will really have a noticeable affect on MPG. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cmillerjr said:

I have a Trail Boss and they do not come with them. I average about 16.5 mpg, mix around town and highway…mostly around town. 

That's pretty good for a TB! 

I'm averaging that with my RST, which is supposed to do slightly better than a TB. 

7 hours ago, econometrics said:

That's pretty good for a TB! 

I'm averaging that with my RST, which is supposed to do slightly better than a TB. 

Mine hit the trashcan the day after I got it.  Looks stupid, lol.

• 1 year later...

I was going to remove mine because I've hit it numerous times but noticed that the skid plate is the same height (measured with tape) from the ground so I have decided to leave it for now.  It will at least give me a warning that I'm about to hit the skid plate if I continue forward.

I'm considering removing mine on my RST.  I've watched several videos on the Tubes of You and all have said there is absolutely no change in MPG.  

Never really thought of anything hitting the skid plate, and using this as a "feeler"....but I think the skid plate is tough enough to take whatever would hit the valence.  Not worried there.

I just think it looks so much better!!!  That's all that matters, right???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 12:30 AM, gtt22 said:

Does anybody know what the plastic part above this one is? What is it called or how/where to get it?

Bump ^ for this question ^