Weathtech vs. GM floor mats

Good afternoon,

First post as a new member.  I will be picking up my 2019 Dark Sky Sierra Denali this week to match my(wifes) 2017 Yukon Denali.  In the past I have always used Weathtech full floor mats in all my cars and trucks from my 99 Sierra, to 04 Ram to my 15 Jeep Grand Cherokee and my 17 Yukon and have been very happy with them except for the fitment on the 2017 Yukon front passenger.  I have searched the topics here and I'm still torn on which mats to get, GM or Weathtech.  Thoughts????

Thanks Pete

Chose Husky over Weathertech for a '16 Denail but my '19 Silverado Z71 came with the GM mats and they are way better than anything I've ever had. Without a doubt, go with the GM offroad/Z71/whatever-they're-called mats.

• Like 3

The GM Full Mats cover 99.9% of the carpeting, While I dislike rubber mats they did a good job, but mine will probably always be taking up space on my shelf as I'll probably never use them again.

Well unless the GM ones changes from 2017 I would say Weathertech. Because under the most important area, under the gas pedal, the GM ones had a cut out. When you live in a snowy area the whole point of having floormats is to cover under the pedals.

I like the looks of the GM ones but went Weathertech for that reason.

Then when you look at the Colorado ones they are perfect. I would go GM for a Colorado/Canyon.

Edited by Likarok
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Likarok said:

Well unless the GM ones changes from 2017 I would say Weathertech. Because under the most important area, under the gas pedal, the GM ones had a cut out. When you live in a snowy area the whole point of having floormats is to cover under the pedals.

I like the looks of the GM ones but went Weathertech for that reason.

Then when you look at the Colorado ones they are perfect. I would go GM for a Colorado/Canyon.

They did change for 19. It’s like 100% coverage now. Between that and the fact that they match perfectly in style, screw anything else!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OnTheReel said:

They did change for 19. It’s like 100% coverage now. Between that and the fact that they match perfectly in style, screw anything else!

Ok then! I would agree that the GM ones are perfect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Likarok said:

This.  The GM ones came with my 2018 and that cutout irritates me to no end.  I had weathertech's in my 2014 and really like them.

Edited by Darmichar

I dont like the weather techs as they are not molded to the flooring. The side curl in and stuff gets down under them.  I have had the husky too and they do the same thing.  I would get the GM mats, they have worked the best for me.