Weathtech vs. GM floor mats

I got 22k points for buying the truck, but haven't owned a GM product in a long time. I don't know what to do with the points since I already have the mats that came with it. Any recommendations?

Hope this helps. One is a picture of the mailer I received. The next is a screen shot form the my rewards site. You can turn your points in for double the voucher right now until as long as you spend the voucher before May 31st.

DOUBLE POINTS.jpg

REWARDS.JPG

13 hours ago, Birdwatcher62 said:

Husky's are the way to go. I have GM floor liners on my 2018 Sierra CC SLT and replaced fronts with Husky's. 

20180303_132123.jpg

Those Huskys show a lot more carpet than the OEM ones do in the 19’s, and look better too. I won’t use mine anymore but they do offer 99% carpet coverage. 

Both Weathertech mats I had for other than a truck, got sticky and deteriorated, 

within a few years...

So much for buying US made. I have Husky in my 16 SLT, work fine, no stickiness.

Looking at the GM mats, they are the way to go, no doubt.

13 hours ago, Zcobra1 said:

Both Weathertech mats I had for other than a truck, got sticky and deteriorated, 

within a few years...

So much for buying US made. I have Husky in my 16 SLT, work fine, no stickiness.

Looking at the GM mats, they are the way to go, no doubt.

Mine got sticky also. I have the GM ones and actually like them better so far.

P.S. This is my first post, just got a 2019 Trail Boss:D

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zeker said:

Mine got sticky also. I have the GM ones and actually like them better so far.

P.S. This is my first post, just got a 2019 Trail Boss:D

Welcome to the forum ?

• 2 weeks later...

GM floor mats are amazing!!  I’ve also had weather tech on several vehicles.  For the cost and what you get they are tough to pass on.  Good quality, cut well, fit great and cover all space for dirty boots!  Plus - For Trail Boss Custom trucks they cover the front hump where the center console would be on the LT TB.  Since it is carpet that’s huge for me.  They nailed this one!

Used to be hardcore weather tech guy....

Car manufactures noticed folks dropping $150-350 on chucks of rubber and have pivoted to cash in on the niche market.

also a growing presence of high end manufactures from China entering the market.

WT hasn’t been able to keep up,  the quality of newer mats crush the hard, thin, unforgiving plastic they’ve used for 20 years.

I just received the rear mat and it is thicker than weathertech and fits better. I had weathertech in my old truck and it does not seem as nice as the GM one. Once I received the rear and verified the fitment i bought the front set for my truck. 

GM Rear Floor Mat (2).jpg