Bought a brand new 52K Chevy Tahoe December 2017. At first I was extremely satisfied with the vehicle but one day (approx 16 months after purchase) I decided to park on a hill on a rainy day and to my surprise water began dripping from the headliner. I then googled the issue and sure enough the XM antenna leaks!! GM has apparently been aware of the issue since 2015 but failed to correct it. Now I deal with possible electrical issues and molding in my future and feel completely helpless. Sure wish someone would have told me before I bought it!

104A7881-C2E6-49DB-A97E-B69CEA16EFAF.MOV

I can understand maybe feeling helpless if it was out of warranty, but if you have some more time on the warranty, take it in to the shop.  As much as we want our vehicle to be perfect, car building and repairing is not a science.  If it were, it wouldn't be warranties.  Electrical issues and molding may not happen, but after you allow the warranty to work and it ends up with electrical issues and mold then time to let it go. 

• 1 month later...

A company’s goodwill is mainly based on the reliability of the product it makes and how well it stands it when has an obviously faulty part. Both my wife and I replace our vehicles about every 5 years. We have mainly stayed with Honda; that is, until 2016 when I purchase a Chevy Tahoe. The Tahoe is actually my first Chevy. My wife and I mainly listen to satellite radio but recently my Tahoe’s antenna went bad. It leaks inside the cabin on the driver’s side and I can no longer listen to satellite radio. My car is 38 months old and has 60,000 miles so I’m not under warrantee. I took it in to the dealer and they are charging me over $550 to replace it and the replacement is only guaranteed for 12,000 or 12 months whichever comes first.

Like I said, both my wife and I replace our vehicles about every 5 years. Neither one of us has ever had a problem with a satellite antenna. I have read on line that Chevy Trucks and SUVs are notorious for antenna leaks. The only reason that an antenna would leak and stop working in 38 months is if it’s faulty. Chevrolet should have recognized that and replaced any antenna that leaks. An antenna doesn’t have any moving parts. It just picks up a signal and transmits it to your radio. For this reason a satellite antenna should have a much longer guarantee.

In the meantime, my wife is about to trade in her car. She was actually thinking of getting a Chevy Traverse but this experience has destroyed her confidence in Chevrolet and how they stand behind their product. I too will not be buying a Chevrolet again. At least with us Chevrolet has ruined their “goodwill.” It’s a shame that such a large company doesn’t realize that by not replacing an obviously faulty part that cost $500 to $600 dollars to replace, they are losing thousands of dollars in future sales. To me, that is plain stupid.