Trying to determine what is the "normal" max A/C temperature for a given temperature range. In my car, the AC blows at 33.4* when ambient temperature is 76*. The truck blows just a hair over 44* in same ambient temperature, same location, same time, both in the shade. 

Method of testing: vent speed on low, side vents turned off (test from center console vents), temperature set to "lo" on both dials, recirculation enabled, vent direction on face only. I tested with a digital, instant thermometer rested in the vent for 10 minutes and recorded the lowest temperature and average temperature. I also turn it up to 75 and back down to lo to rule out possibility of a sticking mixture vent. 

The truck seems like it can never fully cool and it appears the ac is just slightly out of spec. 

The attached photo is a performance temperature chart for a Honda Accord but should more or less be the standard. The car met the standard, but the truck is on the "high end" of normal. 

2018 Sierra 1500, 6.2 SLT with NHT

What temperature does yours read at? For those of you who had to have condensers replaced, what is your AC temperature reading now? 

TIA!

93046603.gif.4ff256f52cc03d9f0acb245715a47bd5.gif

1 hour ago, madsen203 said:

Trying to determine what is the "normal" max A/C temperature for a given temperature range. In my car, the AC blows at 33.4* when ambient temperature is 76*. The truck blows just a hair over 44* in same ambient temperature, same location, same time, both in the shade. 

Method of testing: vent speed on low, side vents turned off (test from center console vents), temperature set to "lo" on both dials, recirculation enabled, vent direction on face only. I tested with a digital, instant thermometer rested in the vent for 10 minutes and recorded the lowest temperature and average temperature. I also turn it up to 75 and back down to lo to rule out possibility of a sticking mixture vent. 

The truck seems like it can never fully cool and it appears the ac is just slightly out of spec. 

The attached photo is a performance temperature chart for a Honda Accord but should more or less be the standard. The car met the standard, but the truck is on the "high end" of normal. 

2018 Sierra 1500, 6.2 SLT with NHT

What temperature does yours read at? For those of you who had to have condensers replaced, what is your AC temperature reading now? 

TIA!

93046603.gif.4ff256f52cc03d9f0acb245715a47bd5.gif

Did you check the pressure on the low side port?  Should be less 37 PSI.  If its less than 30, then you are just running a little low. 

Recently had to put AC stop leak in my truck and then backfill with refrigerant.  My truck was down to 23 psi unfortunately.  Going on two weeks now so it seems the stop leak is working.

15 minutes ago, btj_z71 said:

Did you check the pressure on the low side port?  Should be less 37 PSI.  If its less than 30, then you are just running a little low. 

Recently had to put AC stop leak in my truck and then backfill with refrigerant.  My truck was down to 23 psi unfortunately.  Going on two weeks now so it seems the stop leak is working.

Have you checked your condenser for the leak source?

Have you checked your condenser for the leak source?
Nope, I was planning locacting the leak if the stop leak additive did not work, but so far there hasn't been any noticeable drop in pressure. I assume the leak is in the line which others in here have had issues with.

My compressor experienced catastrophic failure around 38k and had it replaced with one from NAPA that had a 2 year warranty. So far all had been good minus the recent leak.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hi, a newbie from Montreal! :)

oh, understand you, man. A friend of mine had the similar problem. We decided to fix it by ourselves but, honestly, you'll get more worries than answers. In those searches I got definitely confused and my head was about to explode, really. It would be much more faster to replace your whole AC:)

Look, you should contact professionals. This problem requires qualitative service bc it has a lot of nuances that must be considered. Once I've had the similar problem, when the AC vents in my BMW M5 didn't work. I spent hours every day in my car suffering from unbearable heat. Thanks God, I came across these guys, who did the high-quality work in a very affordable price:) That is always like a hell to me, when air conditioning is out of service. The same situation happened to me when i moved to Singapore. I almost fainted when I spent a couple of hours in a stuffy room without conditioning. I set AC all over my house and now I enjoy this sweet coolness even when outside weather leaves much to be desired. Here, I hope they will help you too https://www.airconservicing.org/why-choose-us/