New MRT Performance exhaust for 5.3l

Hi all,

Now that I am a bit older with a family, the days of extreme loud exhaust in sport cars / trucks has come to somewhat of an end.  I have a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 5.3l.  About a year ago I decided to try out the Magnaflow cat back 3" and had a horrible drone through pretty much the entire RPM range.  I tried everything to calm the drone but nothing seemed to work.  I tried a couple of Borla exhaust systems and still too loud of a drone.  I wanted to share a new cat back exhaust I just had installed that I am more than pleased with. The exhaust is handcrafted by MRT Performance in Plymouth Michigan, near where I live. They use T304 piping and they spent a lot of time developing and perfecting a bad a$$ muffler with a drone rating of 1 out of a 10 scale. Meaning 1 is almost no drone. The exhaust tip comes welded on and nice exhaust clamps are included.  A buddy recommended them to me after my numerous failed attempts of finding a low drone, performance exhaust.  I wanted to share this because I have read other posts about guys wanting performance exhaust but without the loudness / extreme drone. I have to tell  you that I am so impressed and so relieved the drone, that was giving me headaches, is now gone!  The low nice sounding rumble is there that at cruising speeds, and going WOT gives me that ear to ear grin! Normally I would not post about products I buy, but I had to share this newest purchase. The nice thing is I can have normal conversations at all RPM levels.  The cool thing is MRT posted two nice videos of interior and exterior sounds using their Silverado test vehicle. I purchased the MRT Deep & Mellow cat back.    They do ship their systems too. I attached some photos of my truck with the completed system in place. The link to the website is https://www.shopmrt.com/Chevy-Silverado-Performance-Exhaust-s/2273.htm

Image-1.png

Image-1-2.jpg

Image-2.jpg

Image-3.jpg

Image-4.jpg

Image-5.jpg

Image-6.png

• 1 year later...