Post your T1 wheel/tire setup

On 6/10/2022 at 11:33 AM, pepe48134 said:

Sorry for the delay,

Hard to tell if the ride is much different from the Tires or the Shocks.

No Noticeable difference in MPG. I think the tire weight of the Non-LT tires help (11lbs per tire lighter then the LT's, unsprung mass is bad for MPG).

Nitto is the only MGF the has a Non-LT tires in this size and the make both the standard and the LT in the same size so you have to be very specific on what you order. I got them from Discount Tire.

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 12.31.03 PM.png

Thanks for the advice on the tires. I’ve seen the non LT but as you said, not in this size.  How do you like the Bilsteins?

2 hours ago, SilverMak said:

Thanks for the advice on the tires. I’ve seen the non LT but as you said, not in this size.  How do you like the Bilsteins?

Cooper rugged treks come in non LT, eibach pro truck struts are an option comparable to bilsteins, very happy with mine, 2” in the front, 1” in the rear.

2 hours ago, SilverMak said:

Cooper rugged treks come in non LT, eibach pro truck struts are an option comparable to bilsteins, very happy with mine, 2” in the front, 1” in the rear.

4 hours ago, zkowasz said:

I wasn’t aware. What size Cooper Rugged Trek are you running? How’s your ride with the Eibach struts? I mainly on pavement but definitely some off-road. Mainly mud. 

275/60/20. The eibach kit has lift springs instead of just adding more preload to stock springs. The ride with the eibach kit is much better in my opinion, no more “porpoising” after big bumps or pot holes, you do notice smaller bumps more at lower speeds though. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, zkowasz said:

275/60/20. The eibach kit has lift springs instead of just adding more preload to stock springs. The ride with the eibach kit is much better in my opinion, no more “porpoising” after big bumps or pot holes, you do notice smaller bumps more at lower speeds though. 

Lots of non LT in the stock size 275/60/20 (33" tall) its the 275/65/20 (34" tall) that no one makes in a non LT.

Im happy with the ride of the bilsteins, better than stock for sure. I looked into both the eibach and bilsteins. they actually list the same way. They both have adjustable lower spring perch positions to set the ride height. The Eibach's do come with new springs but both the stock and the eibach springs are liner rate springs so to me it was hard to justify the extra costs.

For the rear blocks I called a local suspension shop and they gave me a set of blocks from the previous gen truck, they had a pile of them laying around going to scrap. They are 1.2" cast iron. 5 mins in the sandblaster and some black paint and they looked liked new. OE Ubolts from 2018 truck fit perfect.

On 6/12/2022 at 8:01 PM, pepe48134 said:

Lots of non LT in the stock size 275/60/20 (33" tall) its the 275/65/20 (34" tall) that no one makes in a non LT.

Im happy with the ride of the bilsteins, better than stock for sure. I looked into both the eibach and bilsteins. they actually list the same way. They both have adjustable lower spring perch positions to set the ride height. The Eibach's do come with new springs but both the stock and the eibach springs are liner rate springs so to me it was hard to justify the extra costs.

For the rear blocks I called a local suspension shop and they gave me a set of blocks from the previous gen truck, they had a pile of them laying around going to scrap. They are 1.2" cast iron. 5 mins in the sandblaster and some black paint and they looked liked new. OE Ubolts from 2018 truck fit perfect.

There seem to be very few choices in non LT bigger than 275 60 20. Nitto makes a 305 55 20 ridge grappler in non LT that weighs 4 more pounds than your 275 65 20 so I’m pondering the choices. Post some pics after you install your rear block, please. I have less than 1 inch of rake so if I raise the front 2 inches I’ll need to raise the rear also. 

I looked at the 305/55R20 but they are the same height as stock @ 33". IMO the height is needed in these trucks more then the width. I also have the 2.7L so un-sprung weight was important to me to maintain fuel economy.

I will post the pics with the rear blocks installed when I get a chance. I Ive been sidelined with a shoulder injury so it might be a little while.

Edited by pepe48134

On 1/19/2022 at 11:51 AM, GA_RST said:

What’s up everyone, been a while since I’ve posted but I sold my 2020 LTZ and recently purchased a 2022 RST Z71 limited (I do not like the refresh personally). I put a leveling kit and 285/65/20 Nitto Ridge grapplers on the OEM 20’s. Minor rub so I removed the bracket and did some very minor trimming of mud flap and zip tied liner. No rubbing at all now.  Really impressed with these Ridge Grapplers. Ride like the stock tires.  Now I know why they’re so popular. 

8EE7FCFC-7FC0-46E9-9A1F-F4AECC4B344B.jpeg

That's a good looking setup. Exactly what I'm looking to do. What leveling kit did you use and did it perfectly level your truck? Did you have to use any wheel spacers to clear the tires? Any other pics would be great!

All stock 22 refresh rst 6.2 liter, s&b cai, Gibson cat back exhaust, 15% ceramic wrap, 50% ceramic on windshield and sunroof,  275/60r20. Measures 1.5 inches of rake. Might go to 285/60r20 but that's it. No leveling kit needed. I tow a boat and trailer and the tongue weight levels truck out pretty good 

0525221450_HDR.jpg

0522221119.jpg

Edited by Bhains187
  • Like 2