Post your T1 wheel/tire setup

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the rear blocks in

The rear blocks are from the previous generation trucks (they are ~1.2" and I milled them down to 1").New U bolts from a 2018 are perfect length.  Top pics it without the blocks , bottom with. IMG_7423.thumb.jpg.3b6ae1f2e95798495441e15f7c03fd2b.jpg

IMG_7650.jpg

Edited by pepe48134
  • Like 1

Nothing too fancy, have a set of Z71 Tahoe 20" rims I swapped from the 20" black elevation package. Both had the 275 Trailrunners. I just added 2" factory lift and probably going to level 1" off the front. Will likely go a little more aggressive down the road but still enjoying my gas mileage so no need to change right this second20220707_183932.thumb.jpg.420a2b35f6001781a9f18efc3f08818e.jpg.  

On 7/7/2022 at 4:48 PM, pepe48134 said:

Finally got the rear blocks in

The rear blocks are from the previous generation trucks (they are ~1.2" and I milled them down to 1").New U bolts from a 2018 are perfect length.  Top pics it without the blocks , bottom with. IMG_7423.thumb.jpg.3b6ae1f2e95798495441e15f7c03fd2b.jpg

IMG_7650.jpg

Looks great. Have you measured the fender heights? I think you’re right about the taller tire looking better. 

On 6/22/2022 at 11:47 PM, Hickory said:

Recently picked up my new ‘22 AT4 and swapped out the Duratrac’s for 295/70R18 Ridge Grapplers. Kept the stock setup and surprisingly have no rubbing even at full lock. 

spacer.png

How does the road noise of the Ridge Grapplers compare to the stock Duratracs?  I'm thinking about getting the same tire for my 2021 AT4.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:24 AM, Jethro71 said:

How does the road noise of the Ridge Grapplers compare to the stock Duratracs?  I'm thinking about getting the same tire for my 2021 AT4.

I’d definitely recommend them. They’ve been extremely quiet, so far. I drive with my stereo off quite a bit because I’ve got a 3 year old that wants to talk to me non-stop and I’ve never noticed them in the silence and have zero issues hearing my kid from the back when he’s talking. They’ve easily surpassed my expectations for such a rugged looking tire. 

Edited by Hickory

22 hours ago, Hickory said:

I’d definitely recommend them. They’ve been extremely quiet, so far. I drive with my stereo off quite a bit because I’ve got a 3 year old that wants to talk to me non-stop and I’ve never noticed them in the silence and have zero issues hearing my kid from the back when he’s talking. They’ve easily surpassed my expectations for such a rugged looking tire. 

Thanks.  That is very helpful.  My 8 year old is the exact same way.

I have a '20 rst z71 Silverado with the 20 inch stock wheels and goodyear tires. After having trouble the last couple weeks in the rain--28k miles and normal tire wear for the mileage, they don't seem to stick in hardly any rain situation now. When I initially bought the truck 2 years ago, I was going to get black wheels later on.. I just never got around to that. Since I'm DONE with these tires(plus I've got nail holes in 2 of them that don't seem to leak), I thought I might as well look for wheels too.

I'm looking for a black wheel the same size as the stock 20s that came on it.. I don't want to have to get everything recalibrated to a new wheel or tire size. I like the way the trail boss wheels are, but they're 18s. I'm not doing a lift or level or anything, just want black wheels that wont' have to have any spacers or anything. Hopefully something that isn't weak or too heavy.

I've never got after market wheels before and don't exactly know where to start looking, and how about to get the tire pressure monitoring sensors put in the new wheels(would i have to buy those separate or would they move my old ones to the new wheels.)

33.1" Pizza Cutters (33x10)

Black Rhino Chase 0 offset 17x8.5 (25 lbs ea)

Falken Wildpeak AT3w 255 80r17 Load range E (52.5 lbs ea)

These stick out 0.7" further than the stock 20's(33x11) and there's additional 1.5" clearance on inside edge of tire. There's also 1.5" more sidewall. Ride/acceleration/etc. feels same as stock 20's. Actual wheel weight turned out 74.25 lbs which is exactly 4 lbs lighter than 20" factory set up. Both set ups measured 32 1/4" tall while on the truck. And if I could have found Black Rhino Rapid wheels I would be 2 lbs less than that per corner, they rate at 23 lbs, so those looking for performance you're welcome, would be hard to find lighter than those Rapids. Tread width measures 8".

image.png.deb537ee95e345ea33d31ba2fa68e320.pngimage.png.b7adb83dc22bdd36108b4ad9ec9810a3.pngimage.png.a4d244018bc26cb092ac2ec44acf9d39.pngimage.png.9c633a5198d3f2ae667cb70732612871.pngimage.png.dcc5a57229dbfcfd9ca3c7049da07b82.png

Edited by 4banger
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 4:13 PM, GearheadSS said:

275/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock wheels.  Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners.

Looks good! I am thinking of going this route. Do you think the size difference is too much to use the stock spare tire, if needed? 

On 7/18/2022 at 12:07 AM, Hickory said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

No photos to share, mine is still stock but, for those who have installed taller than stock tires - up to 35" - how has it affected overall drivability, shifting at highway speed, etc.?  I had 35's on an older model Silverado and at 65-75mph on the interstate, it had issues staying in top gear. Just curious to hear real-world experiences. TIA