Jump to content

Post your T1 wheel/tire setup


Recommended Posts

Forgot to update. Ran into a deal that I couldn't pass up. Guess I'll have a summer and spring set

 

New setup (top) 

Fuel Seige D706 20x9 +1mm  275/65/r20 Ko2 

 

Old setup (bottom) 

Fuel Vapor D569 20x9 +2mm 275/65r20 Wildpeak ATW3

PXL_20230817_190204952~2.jpg

PXL_20230817_122441147~2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand everyone's obsession with Fuel wheels. They're ugly and expensive. I HATE the massive center caps on them so they can sell them as dual bolt patterns to save money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is anyone running 305/70R18 with a +1 offset and 5 inch backspace on there setup. I am currently running the stock set up on my 2020 silverado 1500 6.2 Ltz with bilstein 5100 front struts set to max setting got about a 2 inch lift overall set at the max. I was squating in the back so I added a 2 inch block and bilstein shocks in rear. Want to upgrade my wheels and tires now just not sure how big I can go I am willing to to cut some plastic and remove the mud flap bracket but don't want to have to take the crash bar out just yet maybe in the future. I also tow a 8500 lb camper trailer a few times a year I will be getting air bags soon for that. 

 

20240125_095257.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

70614737286__F3352034-6DF6-411D-9D17-2A05CDD7F5AC.thumb.jpeg.c4c9d3d0f4f01b840cf0b2df21e50992.jpegMickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 305/55R20 (33.4x12.3). Western Edge Gloss black, milled accents, 20x12, -44 offset. I have a set of 5.

 

These tires do not rub with stock trail boss suspension (removed blocks in the rear), and I’m running the Bilstein B8 5100 trail boss struts up front, regular Silverado shocks in the rear. Rides really nice.

 

The tires poke out 2” past a 2” flare. It was either fender lights or flares with more than 3” of protrusion, so thanks, Virginia, I’m running a fender flare instead of a light, because this truck is not a 2500.

IMG_6194.jpeg

Edited by s10dragracer888
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

i'm in the market to get new tires for my 2020 LT TB since my original tires are making a TON OF NOISE. i'm looking at the mickey thompsons. are these tires quieter than the wranglers? i want an aggressive look with less road noise than the oem tires. thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2024 at 1:26 PM, Mysz said:

i'm in the market to get new tires for my 2020 LT TB since my original tires are making a TON OF NOISE. i'm looking at the mickey thompsons. are these tires quieter than the wranglers? i want an aggressive look with less road noise than the oem tires. thanks.

Much quieter. I had the 18” Goodyears and they started screaming at 25,000 miles. I’ve put 20,000 on my mickeys and they haven’t worn much, if at all. They’re load range F (12 ply), and I run about 42-44 psi in them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2024 at 1:26 PM, Mysz said:

i'm in the market to get new tires for my 2020 LT TB since my original tires are making a TON OF NOISE. i'm looking at the mickey thompsons. are these tires quieter than the wranglers? i want an aggressive look with less road noise than the oem tires. thanks.

The M/T Baja Boss A/Ts are a tad bit more expensive than the Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws and the BF Goodrich KO2s, but I’ve had all three. I loved my Falkens, but these Mickey’s are my favorite. KO2’s wear out too fast and cup real easy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2024 at 6:17 AM, s10dragracer888 said:

The M/T Baja Boss A/Ts are a tad bit more expensive than the Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws and the BF Goodrich KO2s, but I’ve had all three. I loved my Falkens, but these Mickey’s are my favorite. KO2’s wear out too fast and cup real easy

i pulled the trigger on the Baja Boss A/Ts since my local AAA shop matched the ebay/discount tire 20% that's currently running. i get them put on early next week. looking forward to the 'quieter' ride.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2019 LT TB. I’ll be riding stock suspension. Read through a lot of the thread here and it seems like I’ll be good with a 18x9 +18 Moto Metal Mo970 and 33x12.50 Ko2s, right? No rub? And if it’s on the flap I’ll just cut some. 

IMG_4936.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 12:08 PM, 85CJ said:

Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek - 275/60/2012EDAE92-7020-4C85-A279-7A16F534CF6B.thumb.jpeg.9cd4df34edd447e8962e7f530464c2b4.jpeg01A2D340-7F74-4010-9C64-4FEB9AED72BD.thumb.jpeg.23e35271d813b2067dac8f263dbfa0d7.jpeg

considering these tires for myself.  notice any decrease in power or mileage with your duramax?  thats what i have also so just curious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2024 at 7:30 AM, Russ757 said:

Forgot to update. Ran into a deal that I couldn't pass up. Guess I'll have a summer and spring set

 

New setup (top) 

Fuel Seige D706 20x9 +1mm  275/65/r20 Ko2 

 

Old setup (bottom) 

Fuel Vapor D569 20x9 +2mm 275/65r20 Wildpeak ATW3

PXL_20230817_190204952~2.jpg

PXL_20230817_122441147~2.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Rims:

Fuel ammo bronze 18×9 +1 offset 

Tire:

Nitto terra grappler g2 295/70R18

 

Bilstein 5100 front struts set at max height and Bilstein 5100 shocks in rear with 2 inch block. About a inch and quarter rake in the rear. No rubbing I cut the mud flaps and removed the mud flap bracket behind wheel liner and pinched the wheel liner back with self tapper to the crash bar. 

20240511_220843.jpg

20240511_200007.jpg

20240511_193529.jpg

20240511_195551.jpg

Snapchat-815446008.jpg

Edited by Midnight Blue 20 Silverado
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2024 at 2:08 PM, Mysz said:

i pulled the trigger on the Baja Boss A/Ts since my local AAA shop matched the ebay/discount tire 20% that's currently running. i get them put on early next week. looking forward to the 'quieter' ride.

How are you liking these?  Loud? Smooth?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.