Five of the Top-Ten Most Driven Vehicles Are From GM - Can You Guess Why?

Gorehamj

5 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I said nothing about how many kids is enough. Don't really care how they use it. I'll bypass the long drivel of personal opinion.

Then there was this..." to LOOK SHOWY?"  GO RIGHT AHEAD IT"S AMEREICA AND YOU WORKED FOR IT"!

Ignorance gets me steamed up too so the kettle is on...….AND

? Now that's ignorance!   ?

Obviously, somebody being as facetious and snide as yourself!  You did with the great,grand elegant 1/2 dozen of kids!  What you catholic?  Contraception not an option?  You know there is 8 billion A-holes now on the planet all vying for resources?  Come on Showy?  What you a Democrat too?  Good grief...

Read it Grumps.......

This isn't the era of the 'baby boomers' so the need for eight passenger seating for a family of three or four doesn't wash. I think the reason they top the list is that a good old fashion Caddy 62 is no longer available. AND people just love to flaunt.

and this....

I raised six kids without a school bus sized SUV and have fourteen grandchildren. Dad raised five. A car seat takes no more room than an adult width wise and half that height wise. Rearward facing seat belted seats for three were part to the deal for nine passenger station wagons and the swing out tail gate was WAY easier than climbing back into the third row. Only a few hundred more than the equivalent sedan. I never paid $80K for a Olds Vista Cruiser or a Caprice Classic Wagon.

So now what's the reason? 

Minor in PSYC this is classic Narcissistic, ignorant drivel.  

And Yeah!  6 kids is a bit much since your out by Byron surely can't be Mormon...and we going down that religious nonsense which even outpaces Catholicism!  

2 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

Contraception not an option?  

Minor in PSYC this is classic Narcissistic, ignorant drivel.  

And Yeah!  6 kids is a bit much since your out by Byron surely can't be Mormon...and we going down that religious nonsense which even outpaces Catholicism!  

So you think you know me?

We have three and we adopted three more. 

I see that your PSYC class didn't teach you the meaning of narcissist nor modesty. 

Presumptuousness is a snare for the tongue.

I'd guess you need stiches about now. 

Quoting myself: This isn't the era of the 'baby boomers' so the need for eight passenger seating for a family of three or four doesn't wash. 

If English was taught in your grade school the bold underlined italics above would be read as it is; an observation of a statistical FACT anyone with a computer can look up and not a passing of JUDGEMENT.

Guess they did teach 'Straw man" tactics.  

Edited by Grumpy Bear

On 8/7/2019 at 1:47 PM, mookdoc6 said:

Probably so?  At least my ratio is 1/60 vs his?

Would that be a fact an opinion a dream a wish a lie or just a random thought? ?

On 8/7/2019 at 10:52 AM, mookdoc6 said:

Actually, I am hollow man!  I still love ya Grumps!

Eshhhhhhh  ?

Hope you don't have a dog ? Poor puppy! 

On 8/6/2019 at 9:07 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

I raised six kids without a school bus sized SUV and have fourteen grandchildren. Dad raised five. A car seat takes no more room than an adult width wise and half that height wise. Rearward facing seat belted seats for three were part to the deal for nine passenger station wagons and the swing out tail gate was WAY easier than climbing back into the third row. Only a few hundred more than the equivalent sedan. I never paid $80K for a Olds Vista Cruiser or a Caprice Classic Wagon.

So now what's the reason?  

Comfort and safety. Plus we didn’t pay anywhere near 80k. Head off on road trip with luggage, ice chest and misc. definitely need the room. 

Edited by Racindave

I don't know if anybody actually clicked the link to the study. It was done by looking at mileage of 10 year old vehicles sold. So of course most of the family haulers racked up mileage. They run to school, then to work, then back to school for practice, out to the lake on weekends. Always in motion. That's just today's world.

What this post is not showing is that the regular passenger cars aren't that far below the big SUV's in average mileage. Neither are pick-up trucks. But none of those made the top 10 list.

I've said for a long time that if it weren't for MANDATORY car seat laws, that Americans as a whole could get by with MUCH smaller cars. In Taiwan, no mandatory car seat laws, and tons of moms are zipping around the small towns and cities on motor scooters with as many as three kids stacked on somehow. We've had 8 or 9 people in an older E53 BMW X5 (early-2000ish) over there. You only need to have everybody buckled up and in an actual seat if you're on the highway, which allows people to get by with much smaller cars. Save the planet or save the children? Lol

Millions of small children get on school busses daily facing steal back seats as young as 4. I guess it’s who’s money. I figured a long time ago we’ve jumped the shark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How about the fleet use of government officals, police service, NSA, FBI, CIA, homeland security etc. they use these kinds of vehicles and rack miles on them. 

This is the reason plus rentals. I got mine for road trippin and I only have 2 kids and 2 dogs. I like it as a commuter too since asshats who drive like chit give you wide berth...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On 8/22/2019 at 7:55 AM, S P said:

I've said for a long time that if it weren't for MANDATORY car seat laws, that Americans as a whole could get by with MUCH smaller cars. In Taiwan, no mandatory car seat laws, and tons of moms are zipping around the small towns and cities on motor scooters with as many as three kids stacked on somehow. We've had 8 or 9 people in an older E53 BMW X5 (early-2000ish) over there. You only need to have everybody buckled up and in an actual seat if you're on the highway, which allows people to get by with much smaller cars. Save the planet or save the children? Lol

Americans are much much bigger than Taiwanese. Go to any Walmart and you’ll see some people that could probably eat a motor scooter.

Edited by Mandalorian
  • Like 1