2018 Silverado rear differential mini spool

17 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Unless something has changed a mini spool allows no slip at all. Wouldn’t be very pleasant for a daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want slip I hate it being supercharged means it spins like nothing

18 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Confusing post when read with the title.  Perhaps this will help. 

I know how a diff works mines broken I don't want an issue with it not locking rather have it always locked mini spool or full spool 

37 minutes ago, Supercharged18 said:

I know how a diff works mines broken I don't want an issue with it not locking rather have it always locked mini spool or full spool 

Well you have it better then most of us who get sideways in a flash on wet pavement.lol. either way let us know what you endup getting.

I don't want slip I hate it being supercharged means it spins like nothing

When you have that kind of horsepower you have to control the right foot a little. My supercharged stroked 92 will spin two just as easily as one. The only way I can plant my foot is with slicks on a hot track. Then things start to break. Back in the day you could get big block pony cars with out limited slip. Unless you ordered them with it. Try some sticky tires.

i couldnt believe it either, 2014 lt 4x4 with lt1 option package. the first time i stuck in mud i couldnt understand why both wheel werent spinning. i took it back to the dealer only to tell me it didnt have the G80 option
Was the RPO code on the sticker in your glove box?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, KARNUT said:

When you have that kind of horsepower you have to control the right foot a little. My supercharged stroked 92 will spin two just as easily as one. The only way I can plant my foot is with slicks on a hot track. Then things start to break. Back in the day you could get big block pony cars with out limited slip. Unless you ordered them with it. Try some sticky tires.

I'm 390 wheel and 430 fpt wheel 

On 8/8/2019 at 7:54 AM, tyler.frost92 said:

I think your only option is an eaton truetrac

No one makes a spool for the 9.5" 12 bolt.  The only direct bolt in posi other than the G80 is the Yukon Duragrip.  The Trutrac is a 14 bolt part that can be retrofitted to work in a 12 bolt with spacers and I believe you need a new diff cover.

• 1 year later...
On 8/8/2019 at 7:54 AM, tyler.frost92 said:

I think your only option is an eaton truetrac

I've been looking for one for my 2018 Custom 4X4 Crew Cab. Every thing I look up on the internet says it won't fit my truck. I haven't even found out what size my rear diff is or the gear ratio. I've heard some say you have to go with 411 gears. Didn't want to do all that, just put in a Truetrac in the rear. Do you know any part numbers for one? 

Thanks!