HELP! I just purchased a very nice 2018 K 1500 Sierra SLT (premium Plus trim). Problem is it had/ has flood damage. So far the only think that does not work is the power seats. Other than that the truck is clean and operational. I purchased the seat frame with all three motors from GMC and am ready to get to it. But... driver's seat is stuck low, full back and full reclined. No way to get to the two T50 hold down bolts in the back. I jumped 12VDC to the seat bottom tilt and height motors. The tilt motor works (it sits above the water line) but the height motor is dead. It sits lower (below water line) and is obviously corroded. I can not get to the fwd-aft motor or plug, but can see it shows signs if corrosion.  Any clever thoughts on how to get the seat out? 

Thanks, Jim

So far so good. Everything except the front power seats work fine. The water just got up to the lower two seat motors not to the dash or console. Yes, a good deal. $56k truck with 7,000 miles for

$19 K. Total cost to make operational $370 for a new lower seat frame complete with motors. Just a pain in the butt to get the old seat out if you can't move the seat forward to expose the hold down bolts.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT (Texas Edition - 6.2L). It also had/ has flood damage. I am in the same situation, in that the power seats do not work and anything that is paired with "SEAT MEMORY" settings.

I have not tried to jump the motors... which wires did you jump? From my view of the under seat carriage, I see no corrosion but am assuming the "seat memory control module" is at fault.

Do you happen to have any links to "Removal of Power Seats"?

Thanks for the post and my purchase for the 56K vehicle with only "19 miles"... yes, only 19 miles. Was under 14K. My plans are to remove the carpet and repair "EVERYTHING" under those seat.

I wish you much luck and my best to you and yours and future endeavors.

~ Manny

69395329_2578630132160242_2020478772112785408_n.jpg

68818395_2578623185494270_724223239491944448_n.jpg