Bench Seat to Center Console Swap

Wanted to give a shout out to @pgamboa for a great experience, apologies if this is in the wrong place (I don’t post much). 

Was planning on parting out a console from GMpartsdirect for this swap, and then using Phil’s harness to tie everything together.  Had my parts list in the shopping cart and reached out to Phil to order the harness.  Turns out Phil now has the ability to have a complete, preassembled console from GM shipped directly to my door w/ his harness for about $300 less than what it would cost to do it all part by part.  He offered different console colors, side trim, latch styles, and the option to upgrade to a wireless charging lid.  

Based on the reviews here, I sent him a PayPal and had everything I needed within a week.  Now I have a fully operational console for 3/4 of what I would have paid to piece everything together separately. 

I would highly recommend Phil’s service to anyone looking to do this mod ??

On an unrelated note, I have a beautiful bench seat sitting in my garage right now...

Edited by Stitch
  • Like 1

Can you give an idea on how much it is out the door to do this swap? Is the bench seat worth anything when you're done with the swap?

$975 total.

$750 - Console
$75 - USB Cables
$150 - Conversion Harness

Jumps seat - if leather, maybe $300-$350 (but shipping will be crazy so aim for local pickup). Cloth, maybe $250-$300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, ItsDooomz said:

Phil, you're killing me here. So you're saying for under $1,000 you can get an OEM center console in these things? Is that a new center console? shipping?

I believe that his quote was for shipped prices. And yes, he gets them new from his supplier! I think he posted that in his thread that he made :) 

• Like 1

Phil, you're killing me here. So you're saying for under $1,000 you can get an OEM center console in these things? Is that a new center console? shipping?

Yes. That’s correct. 2018, Brand New Consoles, with the latest wireless charging lid.

I haven’t made a public announcement or posting on this yet as I am still recovering from the backlog that was created during the Holidays.

The pricing might be increasing a little so that insurance can be added to the shipment. Had a small handful of consoles that arrived damaged.

Here are some pics.

1ec9c2da24074aae4e503a89cb939ab5.jpg

2eacbdc074adbbd28c6ef9b98f710bd1.jpg

d57941fe8f894a034f5999c601acd5a6.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/8/2019 at 7:39 AM, pgamboa said:

Yes. That’s correct. 2018, Brand New Consoles, with the latest wireless charging lid.

I haven’t made a public announcement or posting on this yet as I am still recovering from the backlog that was created during the Holidays.

The pricing might be increasing a little so that insurance can be added to the shipment. Had a small handful of consoles that arrived damaged.

Here are some pics.

1ec9c2da24074aae4e503a89cb939ab5.jpg

2eacbdc074adbbd28c6ef9b98f710bd1.jpg

d57941fe8f894a034f5999c601acd5a6.jpg

On 2/6/2019 at 6:39 PM, pgamboa said:

$975 total.

$750 - Console
$75 - USB Cables
$150 - Conversion Harness

Jumps seat - if leather, maybe $300-$350 (but shipping will be crazy so aim for local pickup). Cloth, maybe $250-$300

Are you still doing these? If so, I need to get a quote from you!