GMC "I Love it" Holiday Commercial.

GMC "I Love it" Holiday Commercial  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who else is ready for the GMC "I Love it" Holiday commercial to go away? I own a 2018 Sierra SLT CC. I originally found the commercial amusing and lmao when my wife mimicked the girl one day in a parking lot but after seeing it run over and over all month, I think it is permanently implanted in my subconsciousness! ??

LOL, I was sick of that one by Thanksgiving.  I love how the guy got two new vehicles at his house, strategically parked at an angle, combined worth over $100K, registration, inspection, financing, etc. all taken care of without the wife knowing anything.  Did he trade two cars in?  So many car commercials around Christmas time and none of the new vehicles have a spec of dirt on them even if they're out 4 wheeling haha...

Also sick of it. That commercial is a good example of how out of touch the marketing clowns at GM are. What percentage of their target audience can actually afford to buy 2 brand new Denalis for Christmas? And the majority of people who can afford to drop over six figures on vehicles probably aren’t shopping for a GMC 

I liked the one where the guy is sleeping in the back of his GMC.

That was me for years dreaming of finally getting my 1st new truck. 

Edited by 2009GMC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkesting said:

My first thought on the commercial was what in the heck do those 20/30 somethings do to afford that house and $130k+ in new vehicles

:)

Don't forget the two smart watches she bought too :D

6 hours ago, Birdwatcher62 said:

Who else is ready for the GMC "I Love it" Holiday commercial to go away? I own a 2018 Sierra SLT CC. I originally found the commercial amusing and lmao when my wife mimicked the girl one day in a parking lot but after seeing it run over and over all month, I think it is permanently implanted in my subconsciousness! ??

I have seen worse, at least she was nice to look at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dmorrisL86 said:

Also sick of it. That commercial is a good example of how out of touch the marketing clowns at GM are. What percentage of their target audience can actually afford to buy 2 brand new Denalis for Christmas? And the majority of people who can afford to drop over six figures on vehicles probably aren’t shopping for a GMC 

I live in Redmond Washington - outside Seattle - Microsoft & Amazon town. Audi, Mercedes, BMW's are like weeds here.  I can say that Denali's are very much in demand as a premium truck out here. You see a lot of Yukon Denali's and a lot of Sierra Denali's. Personally I think the marketing guys at GMC know exactly who their audience is and people that shop Audi, Mercedes or BMW looking for a premium pickup or full sized SUV look to not so much a GMC but to a "Denali". I just picked up on my Sierra Denali and it is amazing how "Denali" is branded on the truck. It has become a premium sub-brand within the GMC offering. It's a great truck and importantly it is not an Escalade - which really has its own target market.

3 hours ago, bkesting said:

My first thought on the commercial was what in the heck do those 20/30 somethings do to afford that house and $130k+ in new vehicles

:)

Probably they met while working at Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, Expedia, Google, etc...  A couple both working for those hi-tech companies in a mid-level jobs could afford that easily. I agree the house is a little much. That looks like a $3M house. But it is all about the aspiration...  Those GMC Marketing guys are not dumb.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Birdwatcher62 said:

Also ready for ALL of the Chevy commercials with the bearded guy in the skinny slacks, and ALL Progressive and Geico Insurance commercials to go away. But since I am so far out of their target demographics my only choices are DVR or the mute button !!

16 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

I liked the one where the guy is sleeping in the back of his GMC.

That was me for years dreaming of finally getting my 1st new truck. 

So much this hahahaha.

Worse than the commercial at topic for me has been the "Your part of the Chevy family" discount commercial. What an opportune time to run that one lmao.