Anyone Have the Brembo 6-Piston Calipers Installed?

Does anyone have the Brembo 6-piston brake calipers installed before or after the fact?

My previous vehicle had factory Brembo brakes and it was awesome. It had great bite with no fuss. Anytime i get in a vehicle without Brembo brakes, I notice the difference. The default brakes on this truck sometimes feel inadequate to me. If the Brembo package wasn't so expensive, i would probably go for it.

Thinking about getting the OEM Brembos..... I looked at Brembos web site, and it looks like they dont have a version available that isnt the OEM style... Id prefer to have slotted and drilled. Will def get them if I get turbos added.. until then, I think Ill be OK with stocks. But they are tempting.

Yeah, Brembos are awesome. Would get them if they weren't so pricey. $2,096.25 for the front and $431.25 for the rear on shopchevyparts.com seems a bit much. Not sure what is special about the rears though, looks like it's only red paint. If i did get them, it will probably be just the fronts

They are pretty awesome. I’ve been eyeballing them. Would definitely only upgrade the fronts too.

if they were $1000, maybe $1500, I might bite. But $2000 is just too much. The factory brakes are pretty darn good. The factory pads are probably designed to offer the best braking performance along with low dusting. You could probably upgrade your pads and have even better stopping without changing the calipers.

Pricing is right in line with what Wilwoods are - so I don’t think they’re overpriced. Expensive yes but not overly, especially for the rear. I’ve had the Wilwood 16” kits and they performed awesome - brembo with a completely factory fit would be even better.

1 hour ago, FiatDale said:

Pricing is right in line with what Wilwoods are - so I don’t think they’re overpriced. Expensive yes but not overly, especially for the rear. I’ve had the Wilwood 16” kits and they performed awesome - brembo with a completely factory fit would be even better.

You learn something new everyday ?. This is my first time hearing about Wilwood, had to google them. They look a lot like Brembos with a Wilwood inscription. Then again, that statement probably goes for any multi piston caliper brake. 

I wonder how much the factory default kit is worth. Maybe, that can help offset the cost for the Brembos.