Adaptive Cruise Control on 2019 Sierra/Silverado

6 hours ago, jojo ma said:

I just bought a 2020 gmc 3500 AT4  ..I am trying to figure out if I have it???  It says LD model only??   I have been looking in manual however, it does not appear that I have?  I spent over $70K fully loaded you would think this would be included????

2020 HD models do not have ACC available on any trim level.  LD is Light Duty models, which is the 1500, and they only got it in 2020.  HD models should get it for 2021, but no confirmation yet from GM.  And if not in 2021, certainly in 2022. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AlaskaErik said:

2020 HD models do not have ACC available on any trim level.  LD is Light Duty models, which is the 1500, and they only got it in 2020.  HD models should get it for 2021, but no confirmation yet from GM.  And if not in 2021, certainly in 2022. 

Didn't show up in the 2021 HD Order guide...

(of course it could still appear in an order guide update)

• 1 month later...

I would pay pretty damn good money to add ACC to my 2020 Sierra 2500HD Denali. I have the Ultimate package, so I have everything, but I am dying for ACC. I just bought the truck, I knew it didn't include it, and I know the 2021 doesn't have it. I swore my next truck was going to have it but I really didn't want a Ram or Ford.

What's it cost? If a company came up with a solution, I would definitely be interested....it would be cheaper to add it then it will be to trade in a year or so when it's available.

4 hours ago, Chris Eaton said:

I would pay pretty damn good money to add ACC to my 2020 Sierra 2500HD Denali. I have the Ultimate package, so I have everything, but I am dying for ACC. I just bought the truck, I knew it didn't include it, and I know the 2021 doesn't have it. I swore my next truck was going to have it but I really didn't want a Ram or Ford.

What's it cost? If a company came up with a solution, I would definitely be interested....it would be cheaper to add it then it will be to trade in a year or so when it's available.

I agree with you. The ACC is the reason I traded in my 19 Trail Boss for the AT4. Once you have it (previous Volt), you want it in every vehicle.

• Like 1

Yeah, definitely no interest in paying for it. Now, if they gave it for free, I would gladly accept. [emoji16]

Has anyone figured out a way to record the rear view mirror camera. Seems like such a waste to have to buy and install a rear view dash cam when there is a perfectly high definition functional one in the car. Maybe GM can do us a solid like what Tesla did for their customers. Tesla vehicles can now record from the cameras unto a usb flash drive. I would actually be willing to pay a little to have this feature. 
Is $1,000 fair enough of a price?

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/premium-thinkware-f800-dashcam-by-echomaster-associated-accessories-19418275?year=2020&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&modelId=491&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=LT Trail Boss&trimId=5101&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=6.2L V8 GAS&engineId=5920&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=98064

I had this included in my deal when I bought my truck. The cost to install is actually more than the unit itself. Dealership charged about $520 for the install.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 3:09 AM, morrislee said:

It will "work" with lots of programming involved according to the community developer using the comma's system to interface with GM's control modules, it is out of reach for anyone that does not have the ability to modify and program ECM or any other OEM modules. I am following the community group for GM, it is doable with vehicles that has only Lane Keep Assist, the openpilot system will take care of the distance and keeping the vehicle in the center of the lane. Having Lane Keep Assist ensures the vehicle has the digital means to be interfaced for steering.

I have a 2020 AT4, Adaptive Cruise Control can be turned off, but it actually works really well. I do want to point out, I had my old truck's snow tires on when I first got the 2020 AT4, the Adaptive Cruise Control was acting strange, feels as if it is a little slow to make changes to speed or apply brake. After I changed to 33.5 inch tires, Adaptive Cruise works very well. The vehicle has the ability to stay in the center of the lane, but GM has limit the amount of steering assist it will provide.

Where is that community you follow? I currently have a ‘19 AT4 with lane keep assist, if I can get open pilot to work with that and allow me

to end up with ACC I would love it. 

Thanks

On 6/22/2021 at 8:16 PM, jflan23 said:

Where is that community you follow? I currently have a ‘19 AT4 with lane keep assist, if I can get open pilot to work with that and allow me

to end up with ACC I would love it. 

Thanks

I know Openpilot doesn't officially support it, but I would be curious if it could be made to work and if anyone in the community has tried it on our trucks. I've considered buying it for some of the longer trips I take so I don't have to upgrade next year to super cruise. The ACC in the high country could just be slightly better for the lane keep on major highways and I would keep my truck a very long time. I know you guys are looking for just the capability of ACC, but I would like a little better L2 driving. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, GTPprix said:

There are quite a few hardware changes to make this happen (more than you'd think ;)) if this is something you truly want to do drop us a line from our site  and we can discuss it :)

I am interested in this. What is your site