Hello Everyone,

I have been looking at adding a couple of cameras to my 2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali.  These trucks can be difficult to pull into parking spaces and lots, especially if they are smaller.  I just recently raised the front end about 2-3 inches, this has made parking a even bigger challenge.    Yes, when parking I try to back into most of the parking spaces, but sometimes that option isn't available.

The system I have been looking at is from Echomaster, this system is listed under GM accessories and is labeled Intellihaul.  The multi-camera system comes complete with a interface module, wiring, two (2) cameras that are mounted within a black mirror trim piece that attaches to the bottom of the mirror.  The trim level on my Denali comes with trailer towing mirrors that are all chrome, and I really didn't want to substitute the lower black trim pieces in place of the chrome.   I have seen one and it didn't look that good, on the all black mirrors they look OK (Just my preference). 

Echomaster has just recently released a new 3rd brake lamp camera that has three (3) different viewing angles within a single camera,  a right 95 degree,  a left 95 degree and a rear 90 degree.  Then all I would have to do is add the front facing camera.  In this arrangment, I would have to utilize a multi-camera module, this module is complete with wiring harness, bracket and OEM interface jumper cable.  However, the new released 3rd brake lamp camera only has one (1) video output.  I would have to hard wire 3 more input triggers to make this function correctly, the left and right turn signals and reverse triggers.  To operate on the OEM radio screen, I would have to depress the "back" button for three (3) seconds until the camera icons appeared on the screen. This would give me the rear cargo area.   To view both the blind spot camera views, I would have to cycle the left or right turn signal depending on which camera I want to view.  I would also have a front facing camera installed in the grill area, which would assist in parking manuevers.  In this setup, I still would have full operation of the OEM backup camera when in reverse.  I think this would be a good option and give me what I was looking for. 

When I talked to the tech assistance at GM this afternoon, he said that the system would be awkward to operate. I would like something that is plug-n-play, a system that I didn't have to rely on to take to dealer to program the radio, BCM or any other related modules. 

What is everyone doing about adding cameras to your truck, what sytem and options have you looked at and/or are utilizing?

Do you like your truck with the camera addition? 

What are your thoughts?      

Thanks,

CHMSL2_TruckIllustration_10-16-19.jpg

pcam-chmsl2-gm14_10-16-19.jpg