Goodyear Trailrunner Tires Sidewall Issue

IMG_3562.HEICIMG_3561.HEICI noticed on my AT4 that the Trail Runner tires have developed a bulge in the sidewall. I am putting some Duratracs on the truck, and going to see if they will warranty the tire.

Posting this so others can be on the lookout. 

IMG_3562.HEIC IMG_3561.HEIC

IMG_3562.HEIC IMG_3561.HEIC

Edited by twofish
trying to show pics...

3 hours ago, MORSNO said:

Your pics aren't posting.

I am lost I guess, will try again to push a pic up..

Well the forum wont let me post any pics now, so I guess people can just keep an eye on their sidewalls, I will try to warranty the tire and see how that goes. 

Edited by twofish

twofish I just put the Duratracs on my All Terrain two weeks ago, the Michelins were crap in snow.   I drove over snow on U.S. 191 (8,000 ft) between Moab, UT and Rock Springs, WY; followed by on snow packed US 191 to Jackson, WY.  We had many days of snow in Jackson, then on snow packed roads headed to Salt Lake City.  I experienced almost no slippage, and stopping power was amazing.  I'm a fan of the Duratracs for life. 

I have one tire that is doing the same thing.  The bulge is just barely noticeable, very similar to yours.  Let me know how you make out with getting the warranty to step up for covering it.

While I haven't had any issues with these tires, including all the vibration issues that seem common - I've decided that I'm replacing them with something new altogether.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 9:01 PM, twofish said:

Update, no warranty on tires. Talked to Discount Tire they said "factory tires have no warranty". Called dealer, basically told same thing "sidewall damage not covered". 

Did put the Duratrac tires on, they work amazing in the snow and ice. 

FYI, that's how most tires come. Its not a defect of the tire. That is where the nylon for the sidewall is overlapped. 

Michelin don't have that because they cut it out of a sheet instead GoodYear cuts off a roll then turn it onto itself. 

The tires that come on the trucks may have the name brand and model of a store tire but they’re not alike, very different performance and durability. I’ve never kept oem tires on any of my new vehicles cause they’re garbage, many better tires out there and if you’re on a budget, Wildpeak AT3’s have good reviews

Sent from Above

On 12/2/2019 at 4:34 PM, SilveradoX2 said:

twofish I just put the Duratracs on my All Terrain two weeks ago, the Michelins were crap in snow.   I drove over snow on U.S. 191 (8,000 ft) between Moab, UT and Rock Springs, WY; followed by on snow packed US 191 to Jackson, WY.  We had many days of snow in Jackson, then on snow packed roads headed to Salt Lake City.  I experienced almost no slippage, and stopping power was amazing.  I'm a fan of the Duratracs for life. 

What type of Michelin did you have? unless they are a sport tire, all of the Michelins (Defenders and LTX), i have had were way better in the rain/snow then the Duratracs. 

AT2s were about the same in the snow as the Duratracs.