2019/2020 Tow Mirror Installation

SamDSJR

Yes, it has the 360 degree surround cameras and there are cameras built into the base of the mirror mount.  There are two white LED lights built into the outboard side of the mirrors, these shine to the rear  when you activate the switch that lights up the box (includes outside mirror lights, two rear corner box lights and the white lights on the back of the cab that are on both sides of the high brake light.)

Do your tow mirrors dim at night when headlights are on them? Everywhere I’ve read they say the top mirrors dim at night but the ones i have don’t seem to dim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Brian, I don't believe they dim when headlights are on them, but I'll check them again tomorrow.  I recall that they didn't since I had kind of gone "huh" when I noted brighter lights hitting them and they didn't appear to change or diminish in any way.

Steve

Hey Brian, I don't believe they dim when headlights are on them, but I'll check them again tomorrow.  I recall that they didn't since I had kind of gone "huh" when I noted brighter lights hitting them and they didn't appear to change or diminish in any way.
Steve

Same here with my mirrors. And those big Boys really direct a lot of light into my eyes at night. I’ve been meaning to call GM because the build sheet and their website all say they should dim but they don’t.

On 12/17/2019 at 5:26 AM, Rider1122 said:

Same here with my mirrors. And those big Boys really direct a lot of light into my eyes at night. I’ve been meaning to call GM because the build sheet and their website all say they should dim but they don’t.

I double checked and saw no auto dimming effect when bright lights hit them, please keep us posted when you hear back from GM

Thought I’d post this here since this thread seems appropriate.  I have a 2020 AT4, fully loaded and it came with the trailering mirrors.  The thing is, I’d rather have the non-trailering mirrors because I don’t do a lot of towing and the blind spot mentioned above is bothersome for me.  I checked with the dealership but there’s no easy way to order the other mirrors because I’d need the standard harness rather than the trailering mirror harness.  So I’m looking to trade with someone.  No extra cost, just even swap.  Mine have the chrome caps, power fold, puddle lights, etc just as described above.  I’d want the “fully loaded” smaller mirrors in return, including the harness to make them work.  Anyone interested?  
BTW thanks for this post, will be very helpful if I’m able to find someone willing to swap.

97930682-1638-4433-8360-43B021AD47DC.jpeg

Edited by TNAT4

On 12/16/2019 at 11:11 PM, Steve Wagner said:

Steve

weird that yours dont dim from the factory.. this is straight from the build and price. Says it in the title but not the actual bullet points

Outside Power-Adjustable Vertical Trailering Mirrors With Heated And Auto-Dimming Driver And Passenger Upper Glass

• Chrome mirror caps
  • Lower convex mirrors
  • Integrated turn signal indicators
  • Puddle lamps
  • Perimeter lighting
  • Auxiliary lighting
  • Power folding/manual extending
  • May require additional optional equipment

On 12/12/2019 at 11:19 PM, SkidooSteve12 said:

Thank you. It has been a great truck so far.

Yes the mirror amber lights flash as turn signals. They also have the white LED "work lights" that shine out the front.

OK..So Im new to this are we understanding the without the wiring harness that the turn signals work as plug and play?

Thanks

On 12/6/2019 at 7:52 PM, Hobey said:

I'm new this this and have some questions

Did your original mirrors have Heat and power adjust ?

You stated "Power adjustment and heat worked right away"

my factory mirrors are power adjust only, I want the tow mirrors to have heat, power adjust at a minimum. The directional and running lights wound be good as a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 10:19 PM, SamDSJR said:

Welcome and thank you!

So the first link you posted is actually a modification for trucks that came with either puddle lamps or tow mirrors from factory. That adapter fuses together two circuits and allows those lights to come on when you backup or when you unlock your truck or turn on the cargo lamps. It does not help if you did not have puddle lamps or tow mirrors from the factory.

The second link is indeed what I need. However I finally got a hold of the right person at GM yesterday - these parts are not available yet. No location in the entire country has them yet because they aren't being manufactured. Well actually that's not totally true - the assembly plants have them for the 2020's they are currently building, but they are not yet available in the parts department.

Any updates on the harnesses?

20 minutes ago, BrettMatthews said:

Any updates on the harnesses?

I've called everywhere. Still not in stock. I found one place in Florida that had one of the two harnesses, but only because GM has sent it to them to replace a defective one for someone who owned a 2020. Sigh.....

2 minutes ago, SamDSJR said:

I've called everywhere. Still not in stock. I found one place in Florida that had one of the two harnesses, but only because GM has sent it to them to replace a defective one for someone who owned a 2020. Sigh.....

Thanks for the update! Fingers crossed that once they are in-stock it will work. And that if it needs flashing from the dealer they will actually be willing to do it...

Just now, BrettMatthews said:

Thanks for the update! Fingers crossed that once they are in-stock it will work. And that if it needs flashing from the dealer they will actually be willing to do it...

No worries. I know I'm dying. Don't worry. I literally check and call around daily. As soon as I have it done I will post for sure.