2019/2020 Tow Mirror Installation

SamDSJR

3 hours ago, TheElementalCashew said:

521a3528ec12be443ce4a6d8bd640b42.jpg

This is the only one I have a the moment. Notice the hourglass in the top left, and the missing parking lines. 360 view is the most messed up, as you can see by the yellow parking lines.

Thanks...I'm going to do some research and see if Whites or another company like that can flash a BCM/infotainment with the correct software.

9 minutes ago, TheElementalCashew said:

I already asked them, they said they would look into it, but haven’t had much actual engagement from them.

If I had to guess, I bet it's the camera module behind the rear seat that needs to have a different software installed to process the different data.  There is a guy that put 360 cameras onto his RST, I bet he could help.

Edited by pewterliftedz

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, didn't have time to post before heading out west after I got them on.

As expected the mirrors adjust, fold, heat all work. For the lights - the orange marker lights & blinkers work, forward facing task lights work, the rear facing task lights do not work - I haven't had time to read what which button should turn them on though.

Cameras are skewed as others have reported.

I don't know if it was doing this with the regular mirrors or not, but the passenger blind spot indicator often does not illuminate when passing semi's, seems to work on cars & pickups though. It did seem to work if I slowly passed a semi.

When you install the harness make sure you get the wiring around/behind the window track at the back (near the handle) of the door.

7 hours ago, chris84 said:

Yes, didn't have time to post before heading out west after I got them on.

As expected the mirrors adjust, fold, heat all work. For the lights - the orange marker lights & blinkers work, forward facing task lights work, the rear facing task lights do not work - I haven't had time to read what which button should turn them on though.

Cameras are skewed as others have reported.

I don't know if it was doing this with the regular mirrors or not, but the passenger blind spot indicator often does not illuminate when passing semi's, seems to work on cars & pickups though. It did seem to work if I slowly passed a semi.

When you install the harness make sure you get the wiring around/behind the window track at the back (near the handle) of the door.

Cool thanks, the button for the rear facing lights is the cargo lamp that turns on the bed lights.

Edited by pewterliftedz

• 2 weeks later...

Cool thread.  I'm new to the forum. I recently totaled my 2012 Avalanche and picked up a 2020 GMC Sierra SLT with the max towing package.  Like others in this thread, I need/want better mirrors for towing a 28' enclosed trailer.

A lot of the replies here refer to the Chevy trucks, I'd like to presume it would be all the same for GMC.  but...

I have the convenience package with power folding, adjustable, heated, mirrors.  I'd like to retain that stuff, but get the tow mirrors like in this thread.  Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

Pete

2020 Sierra.JPEG

7 hours ago, C5 Pete said:

These mirrors?  

I have lane alert, so these won’t work? Or they’ll work fine, but I’ll no longer have lane alert?

22BAF894-6AA3-4EB8-B6D2-AEF64A09D2B5.png

You'll lose blind spot, puddle lamps, task lamps, and power folding with those mirrors.  You'll have to do what I did and buy the fully loaded tow mirrors that have cameras.  They cost about $1200 per side at the dealer, online about $850 plus shipping, or find them on ebay like I did for $200-$500 per side.

Edited by pewterliftedz

8 minutes ago, pewterliftedz said:

You'll lose blind spot, puddle lamps, task lamps, and power folding with those mirrors.  You'll have to do what I did and buy the fully loaded tow mirrors that have cameras.  They cost about $1200 per side at the dealer, online about $850 plus shipping, or find them on ebay like I did for $200-$500 per side.

Thanks for the quick reply.

What features will I retain if I go with the fully loaded mirrors like you did?