2019/2020 Tow Mirror Installation

SamDSJR

6 minutes ago, SamDSJR said:

Good to know. Well then I would say it might not be a perfect match. I'm betting the best case scenario would be the surround vision "looks different" than it did - and worst case it doesn't work.

I don't know that it would really matter but maybe I'm wrong. The precision of the cameras is not to the inch plus the was the lens is in the tow mirror might be different. i cant 'image they would make custom programing for tow mirror trucks

6 hours ago, TNT799 said:

Dealer just called and said even with the replacement harness the truck itself does not have the pins into the BCM from the truck.

They ordered 

Driver side 84622371

Passenger side 84622372

Their HAS to be a way to get directional and markers to work ?

correct. If you truck did not come with those function you wont have those features regardless of what door harness you install because where the door harness attached to the door pillar the pins for those features are missing. it is probably possible to make the lights work but you would have to make a custom harness that ties into another lighting circuit in the truck

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 9:00 PM, TNAT4 said:

Thought I’d post this here since this thread seems appropriate.  I have a 2020 AT4, fully loaded and it came with the trailering mirrors.  The thing is, I’d rather have the non-trailering mirrors because I don’t do a lot of towing and the blind spot mentioned above is bothersome for me.  I checked with the dealership but there’s no easy way to order the other mirrors because I’d need the standard harness rather than the trailering mirror harness.  So I’m looking to trade with someone.  No extra cost, just even swap.  Mine have the chrome caps, power fold, puddle lights, etc just as described above.  I’d want the “fully loaded” smaller mirrors in return, including the harness to make them work.  Anyone interested?  
BTW thanks for this post, will be very helpful if I’m able to find someone willing to swap.

97930682-1638-4433-8360-43B021AD47DC.jpeg

I'd love to do a swap, if you are still interested. I have a 2019 AT4 (same color even) with the same mirror features (blind spot, heat, power fold, puddle lights, cameras, task lights). They have black caps. 

Edited by TheElementalCashew

• 1 month later...

They do not work. I knew that going into the project that they would not work. but i tow a large camper just about every weekend in the spring and summer. I wanted the mirrors more for the ability to see around my camper. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...