2019/2020 Tow Mirror Installation

SamDSJR

I would like to put towing mirrors on but it is my understanding that if you change out from small to towing, the camera view is all messed up.  

Does anyone know if this has been corrected?  That is the only thing stopping me right now.  I like to use my camera views.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:55 PM, Black02Silverado said:

I would like to put towing mirrors on but it is my understanding that if you change out from small to towing, the camera view is all messed up.  

Does anyone know if this has been corrected?  That is the only thing stopping me right now.  I like to use my camera views.

No one has figured it out yet, I suspect that the module behind the rear seat needs to be replaced or updated to tell it the camera angle has changed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 12:53 PM, pewterliftedz said:

Only fully loaded HD mirrors have power extend and puddle lamps.  None of the tow mirrors for the 1500 have those options.

1500 DQS mirrors have puddle lamps, but manual extend.

Not sure if this is a recent change or if it came when they made trailer mirrors available on 1500 T1

2020 Order Guide:

DQS         NEW!  Mirrors, outside power-adjustable vertical trailering with heated and auto-dimming upper glass, lower convex mirrors, turn signal indicators, puddle lamps, perimeter lighting, auxiliary lighting and memory; power folding/ manual extending

19 minutes ago, redwngr said:

1500 DQS mirrors have puddle lamps, but manual extend.

Not sure if this is a recent change or if it came when they made trailer mirrors available on 1500 T1

2020 Order Guide:

DQS         NEW!  Mirrors, outside power-adjustable vertical trailering with heated and auto-dimming upper glass, lower convex mirrors, turn signal indicators, puddle lamps, perimeter lighting, auxiliary lighting and memory; power folding/ manual extending

Not on the T1 trucks, 1500 do not get puddle lamps on any spec.  The HD line do have puddle lamps.   I have fully loaded mirrors on my 20’ and they have blind spot, cameras, rear facing spot lights, marker lights, front facing task lights, and power folding.  No puddle lights

Edited by pewterliftedz

43 minutes ago, pewterliftedz said:

Not on the T1 trucks, 1500 do not get puddle lamps on any spec.  The HD line do have puddle lamps.   I have fully loaded mirrors on my 20’ and they have blind spot, cameras, rear facing spot lights, marker lights, front facing task lights, and power folding.  No puddle lights

I copied the description directly from the 2020 GM order guide for 1500 sierra.

You're saying GM's order guide is wrong?  

When was your built?

The DQS description does say 'NEW" in the description.  I don't know if that means new for '20MY or if there was a change part way thru the model year.

DQS is only available on the higher trims.

DPO mirrors on the other trims do not have puddle lamps.  

I have a '21 1500 that is built but not delivered. It's supposed to have DQS. 

Time will tell.

36 minutes ago, redwngr said:

I copied the description directly from the 2020 GM order guide for 1500 sierra.

You're saying GM's order guide is wrong?  

When was your built?

The DQS description does say 'NEW" in the description.  I don't know if that means new for '20MY or if there was a change part way thru the model year.

DQS is only available on the higher trims.

DPO mirrors on the other trims do not have puddle lamps.  

I have a '21 1500 that is built but not delivered. It's supposed to have DQS. 

Time will tell.

You’ll see when your truck comes in.

9 hours ago, chris84 said:

So WAMS can reprogram/calibrate the video module   https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/t1-pickup-vpm-programming/

1. It's located behind the rear seat?

2. What problems/codes will it cause using the truck while it's removed to get reprogrammed?

I actually purchased this reprogram, I just haven't pulled the VPM yet to send it in. It is located behind the back seat, on the passenger side. 

I don't anticipate any weird codes or anything, should be just the cameras and any related features stop working. I guess I'll find out, hopefully nothing too crazy, since this is my DD. 

13 hours ago, TheElementalCashew said:

I actually purchased this reprogram, I just haven't pulled the VPM yet to send it in. It is located behind the back seat, on the passenger side. 

I don't anticipate any weird codes or anything, should be just the cameras and any related features stop working. I guess I'll find out, hopefully nothing too crazy, since this is my DD. 

Well you've been one of the guinea pigs on swapping mirrors might as well continue, ?, let me know what happens when you drive with it removed.

Did you wire the rear facing task lights on yours? Wondering if I should be able to just run the wire to the door frame harness, as I swapped the in door harness when I did the mirrors.

Well you've been one of the guinea pigs on swapping mirrors might as well continue, [emoji16], let me know what happens when you drive with it removed.

Did you wire the rear facing task lights on yours? Wondering if I should be able to just run the wire to the door frame harness, as I swapped the in door harness when I did the mirrors.

I’ve actually got all the lights working except the rear facing lights. I wired them to the cargo light switch, but no luck. Maybe one I get to work on the VPM I’ll work on those lights again.

Side note, WAMS is not sure if my 2019 VPM will have the features needed for programming, so I may have to get a 2020 VPM (around $500). They are going to give it a try first, though.