Remote Start Heated Seat option

On my 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali I have the heated and cool seat option marked on (green) for Remote Start. However, I've noticed the heated seat does not come on when I remote start the truck. After getting in the running truck, and pushing the start button, the heated seat button has to be pushed to get the seats to warm up. What am I missing or doing wrong with this option? I'd love to have the seat and steering wheel activated when I approach the truck in these cold MN climates. 

Thanks for anything you can share.

The heated seats will be on when its remote started, but once you turn on the truck you physically need to turn it manually(by pressing the button) on again.

This keeps people from having to turn off the passenger side every time they remote start the truck. 

Edited by BlancoSilverado
  • Like 1

He does say he has the setting on for remote start heated seats.

Myself, I’ve found that they come on the low setting, at best. The steering wheel is nice and toasty but the seats hardly get warm, if at all. Either way, you have to turn them back on when you turn the truck on though.

The heated seats will come on with a remote start when selected in the settings, however the indicator lights won’t be on. Also, as mentioned earlier, once the vehicle is started, the seats will turn off so you’ll need to turn them back on.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ryno12 said:

The heated seats will come on with a remote start when selected in the settings, however the indicator lights won’t be on. Also, as mentioned earlier, once the vehicle is started, the seats will turn off so you’ll need to turn them back on.

Same goes for thje heated steering wheel.

14 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

He does say he has the setting on for remote start heated seats.

Myself, I’ve found that they come on the low setting, at best. The steering wheel is nice and toasty but the seats hardly get warm, if at all. Either way, you have to turn them back on when you turn the truck on though.

My seat gets nice and toasty warm.  The only thing is, only the seat bottom heats up, but not the seat back, which is dumb.

1 hour ago, HONDABBQ said:

I also read somewhere in these threads that the outside temp has to be at a certain point for the heated seats to be activated, even though the option is active.  Such is the same for the cooled seats. 

I believe that this is also true, i believe its in the owners manual.

6 hours ago, HONDABBQ said:

I also read somewhere in these threads that the outside temp has to be at a certain point for the heated seats to be activated, even though the option is active.  Such is the same for the cooled seats. 

I believe it's around 40 degrees F. The heated wheel and seats are in the same turn on when started settings so if the wheel is warm the seats should be operating as well.

If it is true the seats come on but on the lowest setting that is pretty sad.... When it is -25 or -30 (-13 or -22 for the American folks) the low setting is useless. I started my truck today and let it sit till it turned off, then I started it again. When I got in my seats were COLD, not even warm or luke warm. 

My opinion is that if I set my seats to hot, medium or low when I turn the truck off it should remember that and stay there when I start it next. 

Edited by Taz56

3 hours ago, Taz56 said:

If it is true the seats come on but on the lowest setting that is a bunch of BS.... When it is -25 or -30 (-13 or -22 for the American folks) the low setting is useless. I started my truck today and let it sit till it turned off, then I started it again. When I got in my seats were COLD, not even warm or luke warm. 

My opinion is that if I set my seats to hot, medium or low when I turn the truck off it should remember that and stay there when I start it next. 

Everyone agrees with you except for the people who make decisions at GM, apparently. 

• Like 2