Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TTPMS)

If you need TPMS on your trailer look at offerings from TST Truck https://tsttruck.com/shop.html

They work well, get the flow through sensors but only if you have metal valve stems.  I did 10,000 miles in 2019 with these on the 2019 truck and trailer.  Nice that you don't need to check air pressures every day.  Just turn on the color monitor and all of the sensors report in, takes a few minutes but a lot easier than crawling around underneath the RV every day.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 9:30 PM, elag said:

So I've been reading these forums for a few days now. The GM Trailer TPMS sensors are ridiculously over priced. Average $100 each Canadian or $70 each US. So I tested the sensors on my truck (2020 Sierra SLT) and found out they switched the sensors to 433Mhz. I thought if I try programming a blank sensor for a 2020 Sierra (433Mhz) it might read as trailer sensor. Sure enough it worked. So I got 3 more Autel MX 433/315 programmable sensors and programmed them for a 2020 Sierra. Took them out to the trailer and did the setup. Every thing works perfectly. Price for Autel MX 433/315 is $30 US each on Amazon. Any tire shop can program them for you if you don't have the tool. Be sure not to clone the ones on your truck instead do auto program. ID numbers have to be different. Other Brand 433Mhz programmable sensors should work too. But this is what I used and can confirm works.

autel.jpg

20200726_010154.jpg

I have these same sensors and a Autel Tpms tool. Can u describe how u came up with "generic" Id #s for each sensor?

I just tried to program mine tonight but the scan tool wont seem activate the sensors since there is no info programmed in them.

My problem may also lie in my truck as when I go in to start the programming I dont get the double horn chirp.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after waiting almost 4 months for my new trailer rims to show up I finally got the gm sensors that I bought with the truck installed. And of course they didn’t work. Could wake them up but the truck wouldn’t read them. 

Went to the dealer and they couldn’t get them to read either. So an hour or so later while they were still scratching themselves trying to figure it out I got the idea to build a new trailer profile and try it again. Sumbitch if they didn’t work with the new profile!! Deleted the old profile and carried on. Sure is sweet being able to see the pressure and temp as I cruise down the highway!!

37D0F071-4FC9-47CD-9AD3-4E810CCAA1F2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 9:46 AM, Thunderbolt said:

Yes, they are stamped 433.920 and so is the ECU on the truck.  If you are thinking booster or repeater so did I.  I have the system that I installed on my 2019 truck that did not have the TPMS from the factory.  It came with a repeater and I installed it underneath the front of the RV which is where I had previously installed it last year for our trip out West.  It did not improve the reception.  I spoke with the tech support at TST Truck the manufacturer of that system and he said that their protocol was different from the GM protocol.  He said think of it like a wifi password.  By the way the ECU and the sensors are stamped Schrader which I learned has been sold to Sensata.  I spoke to the Schrader/Sensata tech support rep about these problems and he was in contact via email to the folks in the UK and they were eager to work with GM to resolve the issues so hopefully they will eventually resolve them.

Sorry to resurrect wn old thread, but are you saying that the whole TST system is incompatible or is it just the TST repeater?  The TST setup, including repeater came pre-installed on my travel trailer.  I just got my 2021 Sierra with the trailering app and was hoping I could use the sensors alreadyb nstalled 8n the tires.  My trailer is much smaller than many people here have been talking about (26 '  total length) so the 58res will be closer to the ECU than they might be on a bigger unit.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:55 PM, ratman6161 said:

Sorry to resurrect wn old thread, but are you saying that the whole TST system is incompatible or is it just the TST repeater?  The TST setup, including repeater came pre-installed on my travel trailer.  I just got my 2021 Sierra with the trailering app and was hoping I could use the sensors alreadyb nstalled 8n the tires.  My trailer is much smaller than many people here have been talking about (26 '  total length) so the 58res will be closer to the ECU than they might be on a bigger unit.

Just to close this our, Ill answer my own question.  The answer is that no, the sensors from the TST system don't work with the onboard trailering app...at least as near as I can tell.  I bought a sensor activation tool that should work with GM vehicles and it wouldnt work.  Thinking the tool could be the problem, I tried the manual method where you let 10 PSI out of the tire while the app in the truck is in learn mode.  Still no-go.  But the TST system works fine as a stand alone so Ill probably just wait until the travel trailer needs new tires anyway and have new, compatible sensors put in the tires at that point.

I'm hoping someone comes up with a sensor capable of 120psi. We are on 17.5 G114's and carry 115 in our RV tires. TST has always worked well but I would like to use the trucks screen and get rid of another display.

• 7 months later...
On 1/10/2020 at 9:56 PM, KC10Chief said:

I bought a 2020 GMC 2500HD Denali a couple days ago.  LOVE it.  I upgraded from an F-150 that I was using to tow a 29' travel trailer.  Anyways, I have a TST 507 TPMS that I was using to monitor the temperature and pressure on my trailer.  My truck did not come with any tire pressure sensors.  I read in another thread that you can use any sensors that are on 433 MHz and mine are.  I can't find any other info about it though.  The dealer wants like $300 for the sensors even though it's a $50 option online.  Does anybody know if I can just use my existing sensors?  I've read that you can use the app to set these up.

These are what are on my 2020 GMC Sierra. I also installed these on my 2021 Jayco trailer and work when that trailer is selected.   https://www.ebay.com/p/25034266056?iid=254626319087

• 1 year later...