2020 illuminated door sills

5 hours ago, fishlessam said:

Are these just plug n play?

I think they are but according to my dealer there's quite a but of labor involved. There's a couple long harnesses included with the actual sills. So, not plug & play for me. ? 

I tried to get installation instructions through the Chevy Accessories website but they told me they were only available to dealers. 

On 1/27/2020 at 7:37 PM, Fuelie said:

I would have no problem installing them myself but would have to wait for someone to confirm they will fit a 2019.

Probably my biggest concern would be what they look like after a Minnesota winter.

Tom

If they fit a 2019, you could keep the old ones & change the illuminated ones out in the fall before snow with the old plates.  That being said, I'd be worried the little tabs that hold the plates into the plastic trim would eventually wear & snap off - the only other alternative would be to have 2 sets of plastic pieces so you don't have to remove the metal inserts.  Probably a bit more $$$ but might be worth it in the long run.

image.thumb.png.60bb715cbd402cac2e5fcb0ebc2f6db7.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 6:37 PM, Fuelie said:

I would have no problem installing them myself but would have to wait for someone to confirm they will fit a 2019.

Probably my biggest concern would be what they look like after a Minnesota winter.

Tom

I've had mine through 2 winters. Each fall I take a few minutes and put some 3m protective film over the illuminated panel. Pull it off in the spring. Still look like new.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just received my LED Door Sills for my 2020 GMC 2500HD Denali 6.6 Duramax!   The Door Sills are plug and play and were just released by GM for the New Next  Gen GM Trucks(2019 1500 and 2020 2500).  The same connectors exist on these Door Sills(one plug / 2 connectors and one ground connector on the passenger side of the wiring harness)  than the earlier version GM Trucks.  The main difference in the LED Sills vs. the earlier GM Models is the LED Sill is an insert into the existing sill where the earlier version LED Sills were a complete replacement of the original / entire sill.  

I have not installed the sills yet, however it looks like maybe a 1 to 2 hour job as I will need to run the wiring harness behind the front dashboard / kick panel from the passenger side to the drivers side where the harness plugs into the BCM / Dome light circuit.

Image preview

I'll post a pic when install is complete.

• Like 1