Rented the competition

7 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

Hey Butcher! grind me a pound...

Probably not very well... ?

Grind you a pound? Are we going hunting? 

Talk shit all you want, your just a troll kid still wet behind the ears, you probably share a truck with your daddy haha. I can drive anything better than you, that's a promise. You wouldn't know what to do with an 18 speed if your virginity depended on it. 

8 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Grind you a pound? Are we going hunting? 

Talk shit all you want, your just a troll kid still wet behind the ears, you probably share a truck with your daddy haha. I can drive anything better than you, that's a promise. You wouldn't know what to do with an 18 speed if your virginity depended on it. 

Bold claim, isn't there a saying something about those who talk the loudest can't or something along those lines? 

How old are you? Age doesn't always inspire knowledge or ability, if you are old as you are hinting your skills have certainly diminished. Case in point earlier you mention someone was wrong before checking to see if what you were correcting them was actually correct on your end...

Tyler

The connection to the transfer case is manual, but I was told there are electronic actuators that kick the front axles in and out, but the more I think about it that may just be for the AWD mode on the eclectic shifts, the floor shifts might not have it I will have to look when I do my oil on the 2500 this weekend. I could be wrong, but I was sure there is an electric aspect to the floor shift as well once beyond the T-case. 

Negative ghost Rider! No electronics involved in my manual transfer case. If I shift and the connection is not broken or another physical problem does not exist, I'm in 4x4!!!! 

Now there is one tiny piece of electronics involved. And that is the relay/switch to light up the light on my cluster! [emoji33][emoji16][emoji12][emoji2957]

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

The connection to the transfer case is manual, but I was told there are electronic actuators that kick the front axles in and out, but the more I think about it that may just be for the AWD mode on the eclectic shifts, the floor shifts might not have it I will have to look when I do my oil on the 2500 this weekend. I could be wrong, but I was sure there is an electric aspect to the floor shift as well once beyond the T-case. 
The axles are still electronically activated. The awd stuff goes on inside the tcase. In auto 4x4 the front axle stays engaged. So yes a manual floor shifter isn't necessarily a fail safe since the axle actuator can still fail. In my experience the axle actuators fail more frequently then the encoder motors on the tcase.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, durandetto said:

The axles are still electronically activated. The awd stuff goes on inside the tcase. In auto 4x4 the front axle stays engaged. So yes a manual floor shifter isn't necessarily a fail safe since the axle actuator can still fail. In my experience the axle actuators fail more frequently then the encoder motors on the tcase.

Thanks, I was pretty sure there was an electrical component that essientially made them no more reliable than the dial shifts. Either way, never had an issue with a dial or push button 4x4 and I am in the snow pretty steady. Have had the old mechanical linkage to the tranny freeze up while ice fishing but never an issue since the electric shifts came in. The OBS Chevies were famous for that. 

2 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Bold claim, isn't there a saying something about those who talk the loudest can't or something along those lines? 

How old are you? Age doesn't always inspire knowledge or ability, if you are old as you are hinting your skills have certainly diminished. Case in point earlier you mention someone was wrong before checking to see if what you were correcting them was actually correct on your end...

Tyler

I am 39, (used to) drive for profession. Started a trucking company when I bought an 86' LTL9000 Ford aggregate truck in the mid 90's. I now have 5 Class 8 tractors, 3 Class 8 aggregate trucks, 5 wheel loaders, 4 excavators from 12ton to 35ton, a D4 size dozer, 2 dozen trailers, about 6 pickups, skid steer, and two years ago I bought an existing gravel operation that came with 2 crushers, screening plant, and another 6yd3 loader. My driving skills got me where I am today, in a profitable business venture, it's grown to the point that I am now a CEO heading 18 employees instead of a driver. If I couldn't drive a stick up a dog's butt I would have been kicked off my first jobsite 25 years ago and I would be tearing up some other guys asset instead of owning my own. Maybe I was correct after all... 

No need to attack people personally here, if you read something you don't like and want to put in your 2 cents its more than welcome. What we don't need on this forum is people intentionally trying to get under people's skin for no reason other than to cause a stir. I will try harder to ignore trolls like Timmay in the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slide187 said:

Can we get back to talkin about curvy chicks? Sheesh....emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look, If I have to I will slam one don't get me wrong!  Would not hang on to her though......................

• Like 1

I had a 1st gen dodge with mechanical linkage and vacuum operated axle actuator and I got stuck in the mud because the linkage froze and I couldn't get it in 4x4. Took both hands and like 10 min to get it engaged. I'm perfectly happy with pushing a button or turning a dial. All systems have their shortcomings.

• Like 1

Look, If I have to I will slam one don't get me wrong!  Would not hang on to her though......................

Hahhaha you should stick around at least for the nap. It’s like sleeping on a bag o marshmallows. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

Which rental place did you get the F*#d from? I’d like to drive a 5.0 next time we are out there. Last one was a N/A 6 banger and g*d d@mn that thing was so slow...

It was Hertz in Vegas.  All of the Vegas rental places always have better cars because of the clients that come there!  I always rent a compact and end up with something a lot nicer!  Ended up with a new Mustang GT once.  A full up Camaro another and others!

• Like 1

Yeah we usually rent from Avis (I get a discount from work) out there last time requested a V8 Camaro or similar. Lady gave us a Nissan Z... I’m 6’3 tried to sit n it was like yeah right + our luggage didn’t fit in the back. Took agreement back to the preferred customer desk handed it to the guy (who was my height) he just laughed, hooked us up with a E350 Benz for the week, & knock some money off to boot. That was a sweet ride.

If you ever do the exotic thing I highly recommend Royalty Exotic Cars. That guy has it figured out. Best cars & experience for sure.