GMC is cheap ?

spaceman

Why is GMC so cheap ?  Just bought a new 2020 GMC 1500 Denali with almost every option and there is so many things missing compared to Ford and Dodge.  You would think for $68,000. the truck would come with everything.

Just a few things on my list.  Interior lighting or lack of.  No foot well light, door lights and outside puddle lights are very dim. Interior material looks a little cheap to me(black). You would think they would add a few more accents to make it look better.

Sorry about all the complaining but besides that it's a great truck with great power and looks fantastic in red.

• Like 1

You must be a relatively young guy if that's what you're nitpicking. I want my trucks to have less features than they do now. Adaptive cruise, TCS/SCS, active grille shutters (wtf?), lane departure, TPMS. I don't want all that stuff in my trucks. Just makes them less reliable and drives up the overall cost. I just want a smooth ride, leather, comfortable cab, big power and I want it to work everyday without needing constant recalls or a software updates.

Welcome to the club, I am sure you will like it more than a Ram. Ford are nice trucks, but lots of reliability issues there too.  

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, spaceman said:

Why is GMC so cheap ?  Just bought a new 2020 GMC 1500 Denali with almost every option and there is so many things missing compared to Ford and Dodge.  You would think for $68,000. the truck would come with everything.

Just a few things on my list.  Interior lighting or lack of.  No foot well light, door lights and outside puddle lights are very dim. Interior material looks a little cheap to me(black). You would think they would add a few more accents to make it look better.

Sorry about all the complaining but besides that it's a great truck with great power and looks fantastic in red.

Next time maybe you should actually look the truck over before you buy it. Just a thought.

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

You must be a relatively young guy if that's what you're nitpicking. I want my trucks to have less features than they do now. Adaptive cruise, TCS/SCS, active grille shutters (wtf?), lane departure, TPMS. I don't want all that stuff in my trucks. Just makes them less reliable and drives up the overall cost. I just want a smooth ride, leather, comfortable cab, big power and I want it to work everyday without needing constant recalls or a software updates.

Welcome to the club, I am sure you will like it more than a Ram. Ford are nice trucks, but lots of reliability issues there too.  

Leather.. but REAL leather like a 90's lexus had. Everything is the F150 and GMs are pretty much Corinthian Leather...

• Like 2

foot lights? I'll take the increased towing capacity. Puddle lights too dim, I'll take the multi pro tailgate. Interior accents that aren't black - I'll take the 17 camera pro trailering...

Love mine. no complaints. Did you look at it before you bought it? Or are you a Ford or Dodge owner here to stir it up?

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Too funny!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, spaceman said:

Spaceman i agree on the interior thoughts but why did you still buy? 

At these prices i don't want to hear the it's a truck excuse, ok fine then stop it with the 70k price tags if it's only a truck! I mean i see 40k cars loaded to the gills with new tech and modern looking surfaces and touches so i don't see how or why trucks with msrps breaking over 60-70k can't also include these new goodies too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Spaceman i agree on the interior thoughts but why did you still buy? 

At these prices i don't want to hear the it's a truck excuse, ok fine then stop it with the 70k price tags if it's only a truck! I mean i see 40k cars loaded to the gills with new tech and modern looking surfaces and touches so i don't see how or why trucks with msrps breaking over 60-70k can't also include these new goodies too.

Look at his profile. His MO is he pops on and points out something bad, he gets replies telling him how to fix or work around and he never posts again. I doubt he owns a 2020 GMC Denali. He’s just pointing out what he perceives as shortcomings and when people show him how to fix - he never says “ok” “thanks” nothing...

would you really spend 70k on a truck and then not like it because the interior dome light is low? On one post he asks where you can see what gear you are in. Of course we all know the answer- because we own one.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GMCDuraMan said:

Look at his profile. His MO is he pops on and points out something bad, he gets replies telling him how to fix or work around and he never posts again. I doubt he owns a 2020 GMC Denali. He’s just pointing out what he perceives as shortcomings and when people show him how to fix - he never says “ok” “thanks” nothing...

would you really spend 70k on a truck and then not like it because the interior dome light is low? On one post he asks where you can see what gear you are in. Of course we all know the answer- because we own one.  

Troll ??

His mentions of lack of interior lighting foot well lighting is easy enough to add I don’t have puddle lights and don’t want them and the interior lights are more then bright enough but I like them to remain off unless I’m looking for something

• Like 1

I think poster above is right, he post shit and buh bye

none of em are worth 70k.....that's 20k over mine in MSRP....I just don't see it for running a few extra wires and buttons, and different rim and leather

but hey if I had money to spend without worry, you know I would be doing the same....the biggest profit margins are on high end models......also like poster above said more shit more problems

trucks were priced accordingly until car market started buying trucks, then all hell broke loose with MSRP...…thanks a bunch for that btw, lol...…for those of us that have to have one

• Like 2

So I have to agree on the lack of footwell lights. I don't think any of the trim levels have that option. But I'm working on adding it to my high country ;). It is crazy so of what has been dropped from the norm as we have added other options. 

The led interior lights are beautiful and bright, but the don't light the seats the middle of the can very well. I eat lunch in my truck while at work, at night and I have my lunch pail on one seat as I'm in the other. Can't see to the bottom of by pail or Walmart bag very well I was surprised by that.   Overall I like my truck and in 4-5 years I'll be driving something else. 

• Like 1