Coronavirus

KARNUT

I`m pretty annoyed by the corona epidemic. I wanted to fly a few days to the US, and now, I can`t get in the country no more. Thankfully my insurance covers all of this, but still, I`d rather have traveled. And now they are closing all borders in europe and shutting down all public events and locations. Now I have some days off work and can spend them sitting at home and looking outside the windows.

And all these people buying an endless amount of masks and sanitizer. JUST WASH YOUR HANDS AND SNEEZE/COUGH IN YOUR ELBOWS. Hospitals, Doctors, Nurses and other healthpersonnel need them much more than you do.

Edited by movario
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, movario said:

I`m pretty annoyed by the corona epidemic. I wanted to fly a few days to the US, and now, I can`t get in the country no more. Thankfully my insurance covers all of this, but still, I`d rather have traveled. And now they are closing all borders in europe and shutting down all public events and locations. Now I have some days off work and can spend them sitting at home and looking outside the windows.

And all these people buying an endless amount of masks and sanitizer. JUST WASH YOUR HANDS AND SNEEZE/COUGH IN YOUR ELBOWS. Hospitals, Doctors, Nurses and other healthpersonnel need them much more than you do.

It's good to hear from members outside of North America.  This truly is a global issue (pandemic) and it is causing tremendous hardship worldwide.  It is good that it is being treated as a world wide issue and there is some unification in how we approach this problem..  I have three grandchildren in the US who I can't see in the foreseeable future but I'm happy that they are protected.  the same applies to my other grandchild and nieces/nephews who are citizens abroad.

• Like 1

History.com

The horrific scale of the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic is hard to fathom. The virus infected 500 million people worldwide and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims— that's more than all of the soldiers and civilians killed during World War I combined.

That flu as well killed 1 in 100. Isn't that the mortality rate of this virus? Seems the response is prudent. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

History.com

The horrific scale of the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic is hard to fathom. The virus infected 500 million people worldwide and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims— that's more than all of the soldiers and civilians killed during World War I combined.

That flu as well killed 1 in 100. Isn't that the mortality rate of this virus? Seems the response is prudent. 

I don’t disagree with the response, totally. My fury is when the last outbreak happened the republicans called it a heath crisis and help as needed. The stock market was not as affected very little panic. This time the dems critics second guess everything, saying the president is incompetent causing panic and chaos. The difference between this one and the last one is the dems and the compliant news media. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I don’t disagree with the response, totally. My fury is when the last outbreak happened the republicans called it a heath crisis and help as needed. The stock market was not as affected very little panic. This time the dems critics second guess everything, saying the president is incompetent causing panic and chaos. The difference between this one and the last one is the dems and the compliant news media. That’s it.

Their spinning for effect. I try very hard to ignore the stupidity of this world. That would be one of those things. 

• Like 1

There may be a vaccine coming for the bug. Unless there’s a cure it’s not going away. The flu vaccine was 19 percent effective last year their saying 41 percent this year. Many thousands died. Look up traffic deaths yearly. My fear all this disruption everyone changes their lifestyle. Unless you go on complete lock down guess what? It come back just like the flu. So repeat next year, then what? This media driven to do damage for the sole purpose for the next election. Live your life be careful. Like we always do stay away from old people if you feel sick or your around lots of people. They will soon publish recovery rates as well as death rates. Soon people will start coming out and saying I had it, it wasn’t that bad. Then there’s going to be garage sales will loads of toilet paper.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Scott Cadwell said:

Well......why DID it start in China then?......also seemed to hit Iran pretty hard too, so what do they have in common?

Chinese crew workers in non U.S. registry cruise ships for one, and couple that with Chinese New Year when tens of thousands of people of Chinese ancestry worldwide returned to China to celebrate and then return to their native or adopted countries.

And as far as HEPA filters in airplanes providing 100% assurance against airborne transmission.....HEPA filter pore size is 0.3 microns and unattached  corona viruses vary from 0 .08 - 0.12 microns

19 hours ago, aseibel said:

I thought the 19 came from the fact that it began in December 2019. I don't know anything about COVID #1-18.

Meant to show that a corona virus is not the first of some brand new classification of virus.....many like SARs and MERS may not have received numbers, but virulent and capable of pandemic nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

History.com

Mortality rate of 1:100 for 500 million people is 5 million. Comparison is non sequitur....a century ago there was no medical knowledge database medical equipment or sophisticated test methodology,  no penicillin or antibiotics, the concepts of sterilization and disinfection was in its infancy, clean water was not available worldwide and medical treatment was at the level where doctors would burn a sulfur pot and open a patients veins to bleed them to remove the "poisons" in the blood and hasten their demise, other places they'd use chants and shake rattles.