Maybe someone can correct me but i think the Borla is a little louder then the GM Perf. Muffler?  Here is my uncles truck with the GM PERF Exhaust and Intake. 

• Like 1

I put the Borla touring on and am very happy with it. I wanted something just a little louder than the factory but not noticeable when cruising. I choose it over the GMPP mainly because of price.

Very happy with the GM performance exhaust on my 6.2. loud deep cold start, great V8 growl when I step on it, but not loud at cruise. Little rumble while towing, but not bad at all.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

borla makes the gm performance exhaust, i was thinking that it is a re stamped s type but it might be the touring ( it was a few months back when i was looking into the exhaust). if you go with the s type it is the same as the atak. the difference is the secondary muffler on the s type behinde the primary and polyphonic harmonizer behindthe muffler on the atak.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the Corsa Dual Sport Exhaust today. Pulled the plug on it. I wanted the sound to be a bit louder than GM's performance exhaust. I called Borla today on their S-type but they don't have it for a Crew Cab standard bed. I had Gibson on my last truck and loved that deep tone it had, but they also don't offer it for my truck. So I went with Corsa, and after research I think I will be happy.(Fingers Crossed)

Had a 10% COUPON code so I got the exhaust for $1300 and my S & B CAI is still on back order, supposed to be here August 15th. So $1650 in all for both.   

My buddy has always put Corsa on all his vehicles, and I have enjoyed the sound from them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 9:28 PM, Presley said:

borla makes the gm performance exhaust, i was thinking that it is a re stamped s type but it might be the touring ( it was a few months back when i was looking into the exhaust). if you go with the s type it is the same as the atak. the difference is the secondary muffler on the s type behinde the primary and polyphonic harmonizer behindthe muffler on the atak.

So which one is better between S-type and Atak.  I want a low mean rumble. Worried the S-type will be to quite and the Atak will be too loud lol.  6.2L if that matters.  

On 8/15/2020 at 5:40 PM, Philipgonzales3 said:

So which one is better between S-type and Atak.  I want a low mean rumble. Worried the S-type will be to quite and the Atak will be too loud lol.  6.2L if that matters.  

Honestly I really enjoy the Atak. If it is too loud you and add the second muffler and turn it into the s type 

• 4 weeks later...

I had my GMPE installed a little over a week ago. I love the sound. It's really perfect for me. 

However, this is my first exhaust system on a truck, and I cannot tell if what I am hearing is drone or just the exhaust itself? Around 1500-1800 RPM cruising between 65-80mph, it really has this steady hum to it when you're driving on relatively flat roads, but with slight inclines. 

You can hear it here around 40 seconds - but listen to the first 40 seconds to get a perspective for the cabin sound before the "drone-ish" sound comes in. 

Any feedback on this?