Have the borla Touring . When I first installed it . Going on the highway up slight long inclines for a good distance you will here a hum that sounds like a drone. Which I would say it is. I was like what have I done to my new truck.  But I got used to it really fast. It just fads away over time. Love the sound when I get on it.  You will get used to it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xsquid said:

Have the borla Touring . When I first installed it . Going on the highway up slight long inclines for a good distance you will here a hum that sounds like a drone. Which I would say it is. I was like what have I done to my new truck.  But I got used to it really fast. It just fads away over time. Love the sound when I get on it.  You will get used to it. 

Thanks. Yeah, I love the whole system and sound overall. And I’ve already noticed the hum/drone/whatever has started to lessen. It seems that it’s not as prevalent when the truck is cooler, too. ??‍♂️

But I’ve read that some of the faint droning does go away on these, if you have it. 

I have the Borla touring exhaust and really like it. Mainly purchased it due to price over GM. Stealer-ship wanted $2200 , while the Borla was $1500 installed locally. Definitely notice a slight drone at 65-70 but I'm getting used to it. I've got 1,000 miles on it and seems like the tones of the exhaust are getting better. Noticeable difference when i switch from touring to sport mode, which is great.

• Like 1

I haven't been around a 6.2 with either of these exhaust systems yet to hear how they sound in person.  Has anyone heard them in comparison to the Toyota TRD Performance dual exhaust?  I had this on my last tundra with the 5.7 and was wondering how the GMPE compared in tone and volume to the TRD exhaust?

I haven't been around a 6.2 with either of these exhaust systems yet to hear how they sound in person.  Has anyone heard them in comparison to the Toyota TRD Performance dual exhaust?  I had this on my last tundra with the 5.7 and was wondering how the GMPE compared in tone and volume to the TRD exhaust?
If you live in San Diego I can demonstrate it for you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Transient said:

If you live in San Diego I can demonstrate it for you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lol, I wish brother.  Unfortunately I'm right smack in the middle of the country.  Field trip? ?‍♂️

I believe the GMPE and the Borla Touring are the EXACT same systems.  Also, I do not hear any drone at all in mine.  The sound I hear in the video above is nothing more than exhaust "sound?  Drone is caused by a certain frequency resonating in the cab.

-Eli

I would just get a Borla CrateMuffler.  I got the Atak CrateMuffler for $250.  According to Borla they are only made for Crate engines like small block Chevy 350 and 383 but it sounds great to me and no drone.  Cold start is loud but other than that it quiets down quiet a bit.  No drone and very tame on the highway and even in the city unless you punch it a little.

Anyone with the 6.2 done the Active Noise Cancellation calibration?  I've read there is a calibration for the GM Performance Exhaust since the 6.2 has ANC and curious if anyone has done this and if the dealer would be familiar with it?  Mine is still on backorder so once it comes in I'm going to ask the dealer about ANC calibration.   I assume this would help with any drone?

2 hours ago, reardiff said:

Anyone with the 6.2 done the Active Noise Cancellation calibration?  I've read there is a calibration for the GM Performance Exhaust since the 6.2 has ANC and curious if anyone has done this and if the dealer would be familiar with it?  Mine is still on backorder so once it comes in I'm going to ask the dealer about ANC calibration.   I assume this would help with any drone?

I’m curious about this too because it seems like mostly the 6.2 guys having drone.

Just noticed it a bit for the first time the other night on the highway. Didn’t really bother me that much. Was mild enough to forget about it after noticing. I think I had to turn down the radio to even figure out what it was. Haha 

6.2 with the Touring here as well. Totally love the exhaust overall. Wouldn’t change a thing. 

Edited by childstoys