Troubleshooting RAP and BCM

My 2007 Sierra Classic started giving me some problems with the RAP.  The accessories and dash lights of course, do not shut off when turn off the ignition, remove the key and open the door. The RAP does turn everything off after 10 minutes, consistently, so I am assuming the RAP is functioning properly. I have timed this several times and right at 10 minutes everything shuts down. 

I took the door panel off and the window/lock/mirror switches out. If I pull out the plug in the top of the picture from the door switch module, the accessories all turn off after about 2-3 seconds with the door open. When I leave the DDM unplugged, the RAP sequence doesn't happen at all. You turn off the ignition, and everything shuts off with the door still shut. 

I know this isn't a lot to go on, but I'm really not sure which direction to go with this. 

Door Switch (Medium).jpg

Edited by drumbeater

5 hours ago, davester said:

Does RAP turn off if you open the passenger door?  Anyway, I would first look at the door latch mechanism (it's an all-in-one unit, latch, lock, door closed switch).

No, neither door turns it off. I did notice that both door courtesy lights are burned out, but I cant imagine that would have any effect. 

10 hours ago, drumbeater said:

No, neither door turns it off. I did notice that both door courtesy lights are burned out, but I cant imagine that would have any effect. 

Open the drivers door. Does the Interior light come on? Do the same for the passenger door. Does the light come on? If you have rear doors, check them and tell me if they light comes on. The master switch has nothing to do with the RAP Function. It's timing out through the BCM after 10 mins.

Answer those and let me know. I will get you the schematics you need  after that. It's more than likely a broken wire in the crease. But lets check this first.

16 hours ago, carnau said:

Open the drivers door. Does the Interior light come on? Do the same for the passenger door. Does the light come on? If you have rear doors, check them and tell me if they light comes on. The master switch has nothing to do with the RAP Function. It's timing out through the BCM after 10 mins.

Answer those and let me know. I will get you the schematics you need  after that. It's more than likely a broken wire in the crease. But lets check this first.

Ok I checked that just now. The interior lights do not come on when opening either door. This is an extended cab, so I don't think the rear "suicide" doors do anything. The interior lights do come on when you push the unlock button on the key fob, then go out after 15-20 seconds. You can also bring them on with the cluster dimming knob turned until it clicks to override. And of course they come on with the reading light buttons beside each light.

Thanks for your help with this.