2016 z71 Silverado screeching sound at coldstart?

My 2016 Silverado 5.3 with 50k miles has always made a  sound After kicking over and I finally was able to leave it at the dealer because they said they need to replicate the noise. It very loud when the weather is very cold and only does it at cold start and goes away once started. Attached is a video hoping someone can help because I feel like the dealer is really going to stick it to me. 

Edited by Rickyace09

It's the oil pump. It's fine and not a problem.

The oil pump design has changed from a gerotor gear type pump to a two speed vane type pump for fuel economy reasons. At temperatures of 32°F (0°C) or colder, when the engine has been sitting for a few hours it is possible to have air enter the pump through normal oil drainback. Upon startup the owner may hear a short Rrrrp or Rasp coming from the front of the engine. It is most often heard during a remote start. There is nothing wrong with the oil pump or oil system. No repairs should be attempted for this condition. 

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's the oil pump. It's fine and not a problem.

The oil pump design has changed from a gerotor gear type pump to a two speed vane type pump for fuel economy reasons. At temperatures of 32°F (0°C) or colder, when the engine has been sitting for a few hours it is possible to have air enter the pump through normal oil drainback. Upon startup the owner may hear a short Rrrrp or Rasp coming from the front of the engine. It is most often heard during a remote start. There is nothing wrong with the oil pump or oil system. No repairs should be attempted for this condition. 

Cavitation?

1 hour ago, Rickyace09 said:

Now but can a repair be done to eliminate this noise? I totally understand your comment and it makes total sense but can something be done to eradicate the noise part? 

No, not really. There is no other pump design for this engine.

Park in a heater garage would help or never shut the truck off lol.

Now but can a repair be done to eliminate this noise? I totally understand your comment and it makes total sense but can something be done to eradicate the noise part? 
My truck has been doing it for 5yrs and have 110k on it. I have never had a problem with the truck. The truck is also in temps below freezing about 6-7 months out of the year. Your truck is going to be fine and nothing to worry about.

My 2016 Silverado 5.3 with 50k miles has always made a  sound After kicking over and I finally was able to leave it at the dealer because they said they need to replicate the noise. It very loud when the weather is very cold and only does it at cold start and goes away once started. Attached is a video hoping someone can help because I feel like the dealer is really going to stick it to me. 

It's most likely one of the belts. Easy enough to replace at home, just need some zip ties and a breaker bar.

Inspect both belts for signs of wear. It could also be one of the components like the alternator resistance to rotate. Have a friend start it up while you look into the engine bay to see if you can identify the problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mine makes the same noise when starting. Mine is a 2014 that I got with 42k miles on it. Currently the truck has 110K on it. It's always made that noise. I was thinking it was the cold engine piston slap that the Chevy used to be known for.