Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

1 minute ago, Donstar said:

I went for an eye exam yesterday and full covid protocols were in place.  (I was actually pleased as there is a lot of close contact in a confined space).  At the conclusion of the exam my optometrist recommended cataract surgery in both eyes!  It seems I've hit a stage when every medical type of appointment ends with scheduling some sort of procedure!  They all require some convalescing time and/or support.   It is all manageable but demonstrates the need to keep up to date on chores, projects and finances!  

Spoke to multiple people yesterday with Covid Positive tests and sick.  The ones that are fully vaxxed and boosted have minor symptoms.  One restaurant in Walsenburg CO had only the owner there all employees sick with flu, covid, or kids with RSV.  

Brave step back into the past and future for the world. 

• Like 1

Went to Walmart yesterday to buy a jug of oil. Parking lot was stuffed so I dawned a mask. Place was full of people and lots of people coughing and sneezing. Only a handful of people masked up and keeping their distance. I contribute this to 'short term memory loss of the masses". 😏

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Went to Walmart yesterday to buy a jug of oil. Parking lot was stuffed so I dawned a mask. Place was full of people and lots of people coughing and sneezing. Only a handful of people masked up and keeping their distance. I contribute this to 'short term memory loss of the masses". 😏

Latest stats show red states in US have more deaths than blue since beginning of Covid.  Thats not politics its adherence to common sense. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/people-in-republican-counties-have-higher-death-rates-than-those-in-democratic-counties/

Sadly but surely its Darwin thinning the less desirable of the herd so maybe soon we have more thoughtful, engaged by grey matter, USA citizens remaining.

from what I understand from my opthamologist is that when I do need cataract surgery I will no longer need glasses except to read so that's a bonus to look forward to. Seems all Dr offices still have mask protocols, do they know something we don't? Just kidding. I got my Flu shot last week and will get the latest covid booster probably later today

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I went for an eye exam yesterday and full covid protocols were in place.  (I was actually pleased as there is a lot of close contact in a confined space).  At the conclusion of the exam my optometrist recommended cataract surgery in both eyes!  It seems I've hit a stage when every medical type of appointment ends with scheduling some sort of procedure!  They all require some convalescing time and/or support.   It is all manageable but demonstrates the need to keep up to date on chores, projects and finances!  

My mother just had it done at 83, she was nervous. It was a piece of cake. She wasn’t nervous with the second one.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, customboss said:

Latest stats show red states in US have more deaths than blue since beginning of Covid.  Thats not politics its adherence to common sense. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/people-in-republican-counties-have-higher-death-rates-than-those-in-democratic-counties/

Sadly but surely its Darwin thinning the less desirable of the herd so maybe soon we have more thoughtful, engaged by grey matter, USA citizens remaining.

I check the dashboards daily during the first couple of years for travel purposes. New York and California led the pack in sickness. Texas and Florida at the bottom. The blue states kinda follow the China model. I don’t think that model bares fruit. There’re rebelling kinda like a New Yorker to Florida. Sadly they have no where to go. I saw the exact opposite of what you’re claiming. It may shift as the people in blue states move to red states. They keep breaking new ground for new Subdivisions around me. Boom town around here in spite of Biden economics. 

• Confused 1

When I was in Florida in 2020 most of the older folks were masked up but I was amazed at the number of younger ppl, some with young children that were not. It was quite a change from here in Mass where masks were mandatory. I got yelled at more than once forgetting to mask up going into a store here

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, richard wysong said:

When I was in Florida in 2020 most of the older folks were masked up but I was amazed at the number of younger ppl, some with young children that were not. It was quite a change from here in Mass where masks were mandatory. I got yelled at more than once forgetting to mask up going into a store here

mask is cheap insurance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My recent flu experience finds me more diligent with wearing a mask in crowds.  I recently watched a checkout clerk cough with an uncovered mouth over our groceries.  It was a surprise to him that we found this unacceptable.  The surprise for me is how anyone can make it to working age and think this would be okay!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Donstar said:

My recent flu experience finds me more diligent with wearing a mask in crowds.  I recently watched a checkout clerk cough with an uncovered mouth over our groceries.  It was a surprise to him that we found this unacceptable.  The surprise for me is how anyone can make it to working age and think this would be okay!   

I'm not surprised, people are dumb as rocks.....

More and more doctors who were blocked on twitter are now being heard. Apparently different views on medicine and treatments were being blocked. As well as studies about masks and their effectiveness. Even from world renowned doctors. Think about this. Someone who test positive but otherwise feels ok. Decides it’s ok to venture out. Why? Because the mask will take care of it. Wrong! There’s some that work and some that don’t. And if you believe all the hype about the vaccines, well good luck to you. Believe me or don’t, I tried.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

More and more doctors who were blocked on twitter are now being heard. Apparently different views on medicine and treatments were being blocked. As well as studies about masks and their effectiveness. Even from world renowned doctors. Think about this. Someone who test positive but otherwise feels ok. Decides it’s ok to venture out. Why? Because the mask will take care of it. Wrong! There’s some that work and some that don’t. And if you believe all the hype about the vaccines, well good luck to you. Believe me or don’t, I tried.

Before we go on and on about truth and social media affectations on science and doctors..... read this.  It ruined our formerly real conservative Republican Party in US and is enabling dictators all over the world to use dis-info to regain control over democracies including ours.  Twitter is going the way of truth social, lies lies lies.......perpetuated as truth.  Confusing good hard working Americans and the world for what?  Profit and CONTROL. 

how-to-stand-up-to-a-dictator.jpg