Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

I turned on the television this morning to watch the Queen's funeral.   I thought it would serve as background but it is hard to take my eyes off this event!  It is incredible spectacle and a most fitting tribute.  There are a few historic events that will be permanently etched in my memory, and this will be one of them!

1 minute ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Christ was wrapped and buried before sunset with but a small number. I mentioned this to the wife as she absorbed the Queens death and funeral of 11 days. Her reply? 

"The Brits didn't bury Christ". 

Yes Dear. 

My congresswoman who I shared in the video above stated that; if Jesus had owned an AR15 he might have not been crucified.......doubt Boobert knows who the Queen is....LOL  

3 hours ago, customboss said:

My congresswoman who I shared in the video above stated that; if Jesus had owned an AR15 he might have not been crucified.......doubt Boobert knows who the Queen is....LOL  

Nor does she know or respect the power of angles.

Matthew 26:52,53 Records Christ words during his arrest when Peter defended him with sword:   

Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword.  Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels?

She has no idea how powerful a single angle is? 2 Kings 19:35: 

And that night Jehovah’s angel went out and killed a hundred and eighty-five thousand men in the Assyrian camp: the first thing in the morning they were all found dead corpses. 

A single angel killed 185,000 Assyrian solders in the course of an evenings work. 

A Roman Legion In the first century was 6,000 per legion.

Christ could call for 12 Legions! It was allot of angels. 72,000 of them. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve noticed in my life time anytime we disregard history or reasonable laws we’re usually worse off. From what I’m able to see she brought  joy during her time. If only more people could be as honorable as she was. 

• Like 2

Our dog has caught up to us in age.  Her age-related aches and pains are expensive and creates a huge pain in our budget!   Don't forget Princess when planning future activities.   You may be tough, but a loyal and loving pet in their time of need can have you spending a lot of money in medical care!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

Budget? Haven't had one for many years but I do remember when we did.

Sometimes your at hoot. Everyone has a budget. You wouldn’t buy a 500K house on a 50K salary. Of course as you get older it’s gets ingrained. So as far as a written down budget that usually goes away. So does wasteful spending. 

19 hours ago, Donstar said:

Our dog has caught up to us in age.  Her age-related aches and pains are expensive and creates a huge pain in our budget!   Don't forget Princess when planning future activities.   You may be tough, but a loyal and loving pet in their time of need can have you spending a lot of money in medical care!

I make a deal with my pets.

I won't take one second of life from you that you wish to live.

I won't make you live one second longer than you wish.

That deal, for me, does not have a price. That doesn't mean I'd be unwise. He needs a knee at 12 he gets it. He has liver cancer....nite-nite sweet prince. 

By budget I mean back in the day we had to stick to a budget to pay bills, not now. So I don't have a budget today and buy whatever we want. Is there a limit, sure couldn't buy a Lamborghini but I could buy a nice vehicle. 

So the term budget varies. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 6:53 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

I make a deal with my pets.

Your deal is sound but not easily kept!   Twenty years ago we agreed to no more pets because of the tough times when the end is part of the discussion.    This agreement didn't last long and here we are again!   My default position is Princess wants to live and money will not unduly influence this position.  

• Like 1

We’ve always had little dogs. Sometimes 2. The last had distemper. We got it from the shelter as usual. I’m glad I didn’t know the original care taker, I would have hurt the ….. I don’t know why people get pets that don’t care for them. The poor little thing was suffering but was always wagging it’s tail definitely wanted to live. The shelter had some meds to try, the vet said it’s days were numbered. Now 4 years later with only a few teeth and a tick that never stops. She the most loving happiest dog we’ve ever had. When my wife picks up the little spoiled animal it actually hugs her neck. I’m actually animal tolerant my wife is the animal lover. I’m actually kinda attach to this one. Although I don’t let on. Strangely the dog has a club. It will try to tare  you up if you enter her territory with out proper introduction. It’s funny to watch knowing it couldn’t bite though a sock. Saying that there is a limit to expense versus quality of life. We’re not going to spend the kids inheritance on a animal. I know it may sound cold there’s always another that needs a good home. Even though it may not be as special like this one to a non animal lover like me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1