2018 Z71 Sierra 4x4 tire recs

Hey guys, new member here.  I have been scanning the forums for a while and decided it was time to go ahead and sign up.

I am looking to upgrade from the stock tires, I have put right at 30,000 miles on them.  I work in construction management and I am on gravel a majority of the time and the occasional dirt.  With that being said, I have always been partial to the BFG All-Terrains (with the white walls!) and am leaning towards that tire.  I also see a lot of Nitto and Toyo tires around the Nashville/Middle TN area.

Also, I do plan on going with a leveling kit or maybe a 2" lift.  (Nothing higher than 2.5" though) - Should I do both of these at once?  Pick the tire I like and confirm it will fit with the lift I choose?  Can I just do tires first now and maybe do the lift more closer to summer time?  

I figured with all of the covid-19 crap going on right now that I could possibly get a hell of a deal on a set of tires.

Thanks in advance...

IMG_0106.jpg

Hey guys, new member here.  I have been scanning the forums for a while and decided it was time to go ahead and sign up.

I am looking to upgrade from the stock tires, I have put right at 30,000 miles on them.  I work in construction management and I am on gravel a majority of the time and the occasional dirt.  With that being said, I have always been partial to the BFG All-Terrains (with the white walls!) and am leaning towards that tire.  I also see a lot of Nitto and Toyo tires around the Nashville/Middle TN area.

Also, I do plan on going with a leveling kit or maybe a 2" lift.  (Nothing higher than 2.5" though) - Should I do both of these at once?  Pick the tire I like and confirm it will fit with the lift I choose?  Can I just do tires first now and maybe do the lift more closer to summer time?  

I figured with all of the covid-19 crap going on right now that I could possibly get a hell of a deal on a set of tires.

Thanks in advance...

IMG_0106.thumb.jpg.1043480e053ffeb85676e32760f387c2.jpg
Falken Wildpeak AT3W

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

damn that looks nice with the ko2's. I just got a set for my 01 ranger and love them on that truck. amazingly quiet for as aggresive as they are. dont even need sandbags in that truck on snow anymore and its really 1wd...

are they still quiet on these trucks?

On 4/14/2020 at 11:06 AM, btj_z71 said:

Falken Wildpeak AT3W

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just put a set on my 18 Z71. I really like them so far, ride nice and quiet on the street  stock size, 265/65R18.

Edited by BriDroid

I'm on stock 18s running 265/65 Nitto Terra Grapler G2. This is a new version of the terra grappler. Also on each side of the tire, the edge of the tread, I guess the shoulder of it, has a different design. One side is the lightning bolt from the older terra grappler. The other side is almost hammer like?? If you look that tire up, you can see the design. Also on and off road this tire has performed well. Not to loud. I loved the tread design as well, does great in the rain. 

Falken Wildpeak AT3W is a great tire in all conditions. Avoid Cooper AT3’s if you drive in snow. BFG’s are great but overpriced. 

You have the 20 inch wheels so go with 275/60-20. They look better. 

Edited by Bikemobile
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, OleMissRebels said:

bump

anyone run toyo open country's?  

I run Toyo's, Im running the Open County MT's right now. For an all-terrain tire the AT II is a great tire, I ran them on my 2013 Sierra.

They were great in all conditions rain, snow, and mud. They are quiet for an AT tire and have a nice aggressive sidewall if you get the XL rated sizes. I ran the 295/55/20.

I'm running the Toyo MT on my 2018 just because I love the look of them, and they are probably the quietest MT's on the market.

It's not a daily driver for me so I don't do a lot of mileage. If your doing more highway mileage, I would recommend the AT II's.

Thanks in advance...

IMG_0106.thumb.jpg.1043480e053ffeb85676e32760f387c2.jpg

KO2’s all the way!

Sent from Above
  • Like 1