2020 2500HD console to jump seat swap

I know I'll catch some wrath here, but I'm looking to swap the center console on my 2020 2500HD AT4 Sierra for a jump seat.  We just had our forth child and we can no longer take the truck anywhere as a family.  I've got a couple questions that I think members will likely be able to answer.

1. Will this swap leave anything unfinished on the underside of the dash below the controls?
  2. Will there be carpet under the current storage area of the console?
  3. I've been able to locate a number of 1500 jump seats, but can't find any 2500HD.  Will a 1500 work in a 2500?  My seats are black leather now.

Thank you

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't answer any of your questions but I might be able to help. I have a 2020 2500HD Custom. My jump seat had no storage, I had to have storage so I went looking for a jump seat with storage. I ended up installing one with top and bottom storage out of a 2016 Tahoe. It did not bolt in. I had to make brackets out of 1" flat stock. Easy process just took time. I don't have the wiring for all of the charger ports in the Tahoe console but I have them on the dash. To get a direct fit for a 2020 I think you might have to buy one for a 2020. Watch EBay, these Municipalities buy new vehicles and rip the consoles and jump seats out to install their equipment.

• 3 months later...

I have the same EXACT “issue” (four kids, want six seats) and the same questions. I’m in the market for a 2020 2500HD and want all the nice tech of the LTZ but I need the jump seat.

I’ve seen videos of people swapping out the jump seat with console in 1500s, but nothing in 2500s. I did, however, measure the rear base of a 2500 and 1500 console and they are exactly the same. I believe they are interchangeable. But I have not fully confirmed that as fact yet. Hoping folks on here can help with that ?

On 5/15/2020 at 8:55 AM, Zeke1800 said:

I can't answer any of your questions but I might be able to help. I have a 2020 2500HD Custom. My jump seat had no storage, I had to have storage so I went looking for a jump seat with storage. I ended up installing one with top and bottom storage out of a 2016 Tahoe. It did not bolt in. I had to make brackets out of 1" flat stock. Easy process just took time. I don't have the wiring for all of the charger ports in the Tahoe console but I have them on the dash. To get a direct fit for a 2020 I think you might have to buy one for a 2020. Watch EBay, these Municipalities buy new vehicles and rip the consoles and jump seats out to install their equipment.

Do you have any pics?  I’m doing this exact conversion in my 2500.  Did you weld the flat stock to existing?  Thanks

21 hours ago, Matthew Hill said:

I have the same EXACT “issue” (four kids, want six seats) and the same questions. I’m in the market for a 2020 2500HD and want all the nice tech of the LTZ but I need the jump seat.

I’ve seen videos of people swapping out the jump seat with console in 1500s, but nothing in 2500s. I did, however, measure the rear base of a 2500 and 1500 console and they are exactly the same. I believe they are interchangeable. But I have not fully confirmed that as fact yet. Hoping folks on here can help with that ?

i believe the  LTZ does come in bench seat.....its either a 1500 or 2500 but i have seen them in bench seats with leather

EDIT: yes LTZ is available in 6 seats

Edited by Dunn

I got mine done today.  Have a buddy that’s a welder.  We raised the console a little for comfort.  I’m 6’5” and I’ve always disliked how low the armrest is.  Turned out well, and everything is getting wrapped in red Katzkin next week.

E157D079-E98A-4578-917F-7A7A89B1F754.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just bought a 2020 3500 HD and I'm looking to trade my jump seat for a center console if anybody is interested. I will pay for shipping. The seat is dark gray fabric and there are 0 cosmetic blemishes given that it is brand new. Also, it has storage on top and under the seat.

14 hours ago, I___F said:

I just bought a 2020 3500 HD and I'm looking to trade my jump seat for a center console if anybody is interested. I will pay for shipping. The seat is dark gray fabric and there are 0 cosmetic blemishes given that it is brand new. Also, it has storage on top and under the seat.

I would purchase this off you. I’m looking to upgrade to a jump seat with storage. Let me know, thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2021 at 2:28 PM, Colin1944 said:

Has anyone successfully converted the 2020 3500 Denali centre console to the jump seat? Would love to see some pics or a how to on it if anyone has pulled it off?

Yes. This pic below is from a buddy that has a 2020 3500hd denali. Converted to the 6th seat all leather. Has storage top and bottom including all the accessories behind it. The woofer was mounted under the rear seats. Woofer can be abandoned as well with no issues to sound system. The seat is from a 2019/2020 which is the new style so it was just a simple bolts out and back in. No welding no issues. Simple swap. 

I have a 2021 3500hd denali that I am looking to do the same to. If someone wants to swap me for their jumper seat that has storage top and bottom including the 2 usb and air vents in the back let me know. I have the jet black leather interior. 

Resized_2(7).jpg

Resized_2(6).jpg