2020 2500HD console to jump seat swap

Hi I found your guys feed online while looking to swap out my 2021 Jump seat out of my 2500 LT Z71 Custom to a center console. My jump seat is Black leather with top and bottom store. If anyone still has they’re center console that they are looking to sell please let me know. Looking for Black. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/8/2021 at 2:23 PM, Tommy 503 said:

Hi I found your guys feed online while looking to swap out my 2021 Jump seat out of my 2500 LT Z71 Custom to a center console. My jump seat is Black leather with top and bottom store. If anyone still has they’re center console that they are looking to sell please let me know. Looking for Black. 

Email me... [email protected]

Has anyone been able to remove a center console for a jump seat and relocate the buttons to keep the rear heated seats? 

or remove the wireless charging from the console and have it installed into the top of the jump seat? 

• 1 month later...

I want to order a new 2021 Silverado 2500HD. The highest options all require the bucket seats, I think some electronics are installed in the console.  My previous trucks were all at the highest level trim that would keep the front split "bench" seats.  It is annoying though - GM has the dash swoop down a bit in the center, so you still don't get the open space, or the knee room, one would like. Better of course than the console for many purposes.  So this time I am going to order with the buckets in order to get the features I want - but I am hoping a custom shop will be able to do a swap for me. If they could also chop the dash back in the center that would be a plus.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Brannon84 said:

I have. 2020 AT4 I’m needing to convert. Does anyone have a jump seat they want to trade? Also my truck has the wireless charger and Bose speakers, am I going to have issues taking out the console? 

where are you located?

On 1/28/2021 at 7:59 PM, Austinamp said:

Has anyone been able to remove a center console for a jump seat and relocate the buttons to keep the rear heated seats? 

or remove the wireless charging from the console and have it installed into the top of the jump seat? 

I keep the usb outlets covered with tape when not in use; as you can see it gets a little dusty sometimes. The heated seat buttons have plenty of room, I put the key fob antenna next to it, the left side outlet fits tight, and the right side piece is fairly large so would only fit tilted. Jump seat came out of a 2016.

buttons.jpg

On 1/8/2021 at 2:23 PM, Tommy 503 said:

I just bought a 2021 LTZ 3500 with center console. I’m wanting to swap out for a middle seat. Let’s get in contact if you are still looking for a console.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 10:45 PM, Beaujames83 said:

I just bought a 2021 LTZ 3500 with center console. I’m wanting to swap out for a middle seat. Let’s get in contact if you are still looking for a console.

I’ve got a 2021 LT middle seat in charcoal cloth that I’m looking to swap for a console. Let me know.

• 2 months later...

When the mid console is removed...

1.. is there a hole in the carpet underneath the console?

Like with the Fords?

2.. do you need to re-do certain parts of the lower dash (like with the Ford superduty)? With ford you have to install the cupholders to fill up the hole.

3.. is there any wiring under the console that needs to be rerouted?

Or...is it as easy as unbolting the console, take it out and mount the jump seat?

I'm not technically inclined, but remove a console and bolt in a jumpseat I can do.

If it's fairly easy, I'll be buying a High Country or LTZ fairly soon.

I hope someone has a step by step instruction and hopefully with some pictures...

Thanks

Ferdi

Edited by Ferdi
Grammar mistakes

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for a new truck and would prefer an LTZ, but there is not one single truck I can find that doesn't have the center console. Heck, I can't even find an LT model that is even remotely close to my home. For any folks that have done this to the 2021-2022 models, please give us a detailed guide. I would like to order a truck without the console, but I am being told I wouldn't get it till spring. My thought as long as the modification isn't too in depth, I may just do the center console to jump seat conversion.