AT4 VS ELEVATION

I actually like the all black look of the Elevation, but I won’t give up all the toys that come in the AT4. I can have some parts painted and end up with a similar look. Elevation is probably the best looking truck at that price point though, IMO. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MidWestAT4 said:

I actually like the all black look of the Elevation, but I won’t give up all the toys that come in the AT4. I can have some parts painted and end up with a similar look. Elevation is probably the best looking truck at that price point though, IMO. 

I agree. I love the black wheels and grill. But want more bells and whistles so I’m going with the AT4. 

16 hours ago, Leopardtech said:

If you have the money it's an easy choice AT4. 

This is my thought as well. I think it's pretty obvious, given what you gain at the AT4 trim level. These new AT4's are in my opinion, a better trim relatively speaking when you compare with the older All Terrain trim. Think about what additional features you pick up at the AT4 trim level and if they are worth the extra cost for your budget.

I have a 2015 SLE Sierra and am contemplating upgrading to a 2020. Right now, the Elevation trim with the X31 package ticks most of the "want" boxes for me, without running me into the high 40's in cost.

If you have the means, you will absolutely love the new AT4's.

Edited by Sierra_Kayaker
  • Like 1

Elevation is a WAY better value. Add the GMC lift and it's an AT4 less a couple frills (driver assist, cooled seats, ugly leather, a couple more camera angles)...I sure love mine! 

20200430_233650.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Demi X31 said:

Elevation is a WAY better value. Add the GMC lift and it's an AT4 less a couple frills (driver assist, cooled seats, ugly leather, a couple more camera angles)...I sure love mine! 

20200430_233650.jpg

Nice!!!!!  I did the same thing as you.  47,500 out the door with lift. Much cheaper than an AT4.

IMG_20200510_151320_6.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah the AT4 is arguably the worst value of any trim level because you are paying for the "Off-Road suspension/lift" which is a garbage lift/suspension in the grand scheme of things. All of the AT4's are 6.2's if I understand correctly which is certainly worth a little extra but IMHO, the SLT is by far the best bang for your buck so long as it comes with both convenience and tech packages and the 20" wheels if you don't mind all the chrome. 

For example, my truck has:

Built in nav

Color Matched wheel wells

Bose

Leather

Full Console

20" wheels 33" AT Goodyear Tires

Power Sliding Rear Window

6'6 Bed (Double Cab) 

White Frost Tri-Coat

GMC All-Weather Mats

Heated/Cooled Seats

Camera Package

Remote & Push Button Start

Rear AC/Heated/Cooled Seats

etc. 

and I paid 42,500 OTD for a '19 SLT. The Denali's are obviously the nicest as the grill looks better, it comes stock with power steps (Amp steps are close to $1500 aftermarket), and nicer (full digital gauges) but to me the color matching looks cheap and the HUD is a gimmick. I'm not spending another 15-17.5k for power steps, gauges and a nicer grill...

To me the things that actually are worth the money in these trucks are: 

Built in nav

Leather

Power Steps

Tricoat Paint

Full Console

OEM Wheels 20's & 22's and decent 33" tires off the lot

Bose

Full Camera Package

All Weather Mats

Color Matched Fender/Wheel well arches 

Denali Grill

Full digital gauge Cluster

Remote & Push Button Start

Performance Exhaust

Power Running Boards

I would find the truck with the most of those options for the least amount of money. Since there are so many different trim levels with so many different options/packages on these trucks sometimes it's hard to see what a good deal is/isn't. IMO the AT4 is the least bang for your buck as you could buy an Elevation with a comparable interior and put a much nicer suspension on it for less money and the Elevation would be the better truck. I'm all about keeping your truck close to OEM but the suspension on all of these vehicles is trash. At least put some Bilstein's and tubular uniball UCA's and a +1 leaf on there. Rancho/RC/blocks are  trash and you are paying a premium only because it is a GMC OEM part that they outsourced lol. Same thing with the running boards. Trash running boards that they charge a mint for because they are GMC OEM parts. Some sliders or rock steps would have been a great option for these trucks. I could go on...

SLT on a budget 

or Denali if you got it like that IMO...

16 hours ago, superhighsierra said:

Yeah the AT4 is arguably the worst value of any trim level because you are paying for the "Off-Road suspension/lift" which is a garbage lift/suspension in the grand scheme of things. All of the AT4's are 6.2's if I understand correctly which is certainly worth a little extra but IMHO, the SLT is by far the best bang for your buck so long as it comes with both convenience and tech packages and the 20" wheels if you don't mind all the chrome. 

For example, my truck has:

Built in nav

Color Matched wheel wells

Bose

Leather

Full Console

20" wheels 33" AT Goodyear Tires

Power Sliding Rear Window

6'6 Bed (Double Cab) 

White Frost Tri-Coat

GMC All-Weather Mats

Heated/Cooled Seats

Camera Package

Remote & Push Button Start

etc. 

and I paid 42,500 OTD for a '19 SLT. The Denali's are obviously the nicest as the grill looks better, it comes stock with power steps (Amp steps are close to $1500 aftermarket), and nicer (full digital gauges) but to me the color matching looks cheap and the HUD is a gimmick. I'm not spending another 15-17.5k for power steps, gauges and a nicer grill...

To me the things that actually are worth the money in these trucks are: 

Built in nav

Leather

Power Steps

Tricoat Paint

Full Console

OEM Wheels 20's & 22's and decent 33" tires off the lot

Bose

Full Camera Package

All Weather Mats

Color Matched Fender/Wheel well arches 

Denali Grill

Full digital gauge Cluster

Remote & Push Button Start

Performance Exhaust

Power Running Boards

I would find the truck with the most of those options for the least amount of money. Since there are so many different trim levels with so many different options/packages on these trucks sometimes it's hard to see what a good deal is/isn't. IMO the AT4 is the least bang for your buck as you could buy an Elevation with a comparable interior and put a much nicer suspension on it for less money and the Elevation would be the better truck. I'm all about keeping your truck close to OEM but the suspension on all of these vehicles is trash. At least put some Bilstein's and tubular uniball UCA's and a +1 leaf on there. Rancho/RC/blocks are  trash and you are paying a premium only because it is a GMC OEM part that they outsourced lol. Same thing with the running boards. Trash running boards that they charge a mint for because they are GMC OEM parts. Some sliders or rock steps would have been a great option for these trucks. I could go on...

SLT on a budget 

or Denali if you got it like that IMO...

I do mind all the chrome! I think the AT4 is hindered somewhat by what the elevation trim offers. The older All-Terrains were the only way to get color-match bumpers. I do however, agree that the suspension is probably mediocre at best and will be easily topped by aftermarket options. The benefit lies for those that feel piece of mind from it being fully warrantied from the factory, and perhaps in addition it being wrapped up in the final cost of the vehicle itself. I am looking at upgrading to a 2020 elevation and for an extra 1800 bucks it sure is tempting to take delivery of a fully warrantied vehicle with a lift in place, already. I don't need the extra cameras or creature comforts the AT4 trim offers and I can get the multirpro added onto the Elevation if I decide I have to have it (I probably will).

Edited by Sierra_Kayaker