I made vent deflectors for the under seat vents that you can 3d print.

Hi Guys, I have noticed that a lot of the vents or air ducts under the seats of these trucks are covered or partially covered with carpet. Because of that I modeled up some adapters that you can print on a 3d printer and slide on the vents/ducts under the seats so the air is deflected upward and they keep the carpet from covering the vents. I made a video showing how they work and I put the link too the 3d printer files in the description so you can download and print your own.

Video showing how the vent deflectors work and the files needed to print your own

Vent Before.jpg

Vent after.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Very nice of you. Thank you for your contribution! My two boys that sit in the back and complain about how our 'ol 2006 had better read AC thank you too ?

Wow why in the world you don’t patent this piece and sale it to make some money men thats a great idea, cause people like me don’t have 3D printer is no way to get this. Hope you take my suggestions cause is a phenomenal idea. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Titor said:

Wow why in the world you don’t patent this piece and sale it to make some money men thats a great idea, cause people like me don’t have 3D printer is no way to get this. Hope you take my suggestions cause is a phenomenal idea. 

Agree.  This is something that I think would sell well. This is a great idea.

It is very generous of you to offer the file and let others print them.  I know that some libraries have 3D printers, at least in the larger cities as well as schools. 

The entire cab cools down pretty fast if you crank the fan to maximum speed, open all the front vents and point them straight, turn on recirculation, and set your temp knob(s) to LO.

The problem occurs when you have someone in a front seat who closes their vent or angles it towards the window. Blast that ******, it's gotta make it to the rear!

My rule is no messing with the vents, the temperature, or the fan. If you're thin blooded, bring a jacket. I'll take the fan speed down after I can see frost building on the rear glass.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Didn't know this was an issue in our trucks but then again I rarely have anyone in my back seat.  Usually just stuff and it won't complain.  However, it is something new and cool to print on one of my 3D printers so I'll download it and take a look at the files when I get home from work tonight.

Definitely interested if someone wants to start making these and selling them.  I'd be interested in a set.  Thank you 737Mechanic for sharing.

Awesome idea 737Mechanic !!! 

I will take a pair if you are willing to make more as you spoke about in your video. I do not have access to a 3D printer. We can private message each other the details...payment, shipping, etc...

Nice job...