I made vent deflectors for the under seat vents that you can 3d print.

I didn’t even realize that my truck had vents for the back passengers. My fiancé’s boys always complain about how hot it gets back there & I usually run the AC super cold. After reading this thread I scooted my seat all the way forward to see that the vent seems squished in & is partially blocked by the Rear carpet. Do these extensions spread open the existing vents?

9BBECA1D-8360-4C4F-8BD1-DD1B535DBDD6.jpeg

Dang, that’s dirty! I need to vacuum under there! 
And I watched the video which answered my question. No, these just slip on over the existing ducting & direct air over the carpet & up a bit. I’m thinking a quick fix could be a little cardboard or something until I come up with something more permanent. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a buddy make a set for me from the print you posted. My diver side went on with ease. The passenger side collapses the OEM vent when Input the deflector on. Should I take a slit out of the OEM vents so it doesn’t collapse or run it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 9:05 PM, 737mechanic said:

Hi Guys, I have noticed that a lot of the vents or air ducts under the seats of these trucks are covered or partially covered with carpet. Because of that I modeled up some adapters that you can print on a 3d printer and slide on the vents/ducts under the seats so the air is deflected upward and they keep the carpet from covering the vents. I made a video showing how they work and I put the link too the 3d printer files in the description so you can download and print your own.

Video showing how the vent deflectors work and the files needed to print your own

I just got my 3D printer up and running and I was curious what 3D modeling software you are using to build these models?

I've been searching around and watching video's on different free version and just wondering what you have been using.

4 hours ago, CamGTP said:

I just got my 3D printer up and running and I was curious what 3D modeling software you are using to build these models?

I've been searching around and watching video's on different free version and just wondering what you have been using.

I'd take a set if you make some.

1. when you guys gonna make air ducts for the front rotors?

2. would like a a 3d printed peace to fill in the arm rest in the door and center jump seat..

3. also a screen cover for the 8" monitor would be nice , i hate  the bright screen at night..

Edited by flyingfool

3 hours ago, flyingfool said:

1. when you guys gonna make air ducts for the front rotors?

2. would like a a 3d printed peace to fill in the arm rest in the door and center jump seat..

3. also a screen cover for the 8" monitor would be nice , i hate  the bright screen at night..

#3 - There is a mod that you can do, to further dim the Infotainment Screen.  I haven't done it yet, but it is near the top of my To Do List.  There is a pin that you can pull from the connector in the back of the unit to accomplish this, or you can cut it (don't advise this).  I'm going to pull the pin and either heat shrink a cover over the pin, or tape it.