I made vent deflectors for the under seat vents that you can 3d print.

Got home and downloaded the files, I put both of them together in Cura and sliced it, so far no errors or issues that I can see in the software.  Cura claims around 8 hours to print so judging by my other prints I would say closer to 12 but we will see.  I'll kick this off tonight before I go to bed and my other printing project is finished.

8 hours ago, KngJames said:

How much for a pair?

Won't get any sales on the T1s. Seems GM modified the later carpets and vents. Now the carpet is actually molded to hug the floor and fits at least 2" below the vent and extends at least 4" underneath so there's no way it can ever accidentally cover the vents. Ones in my split bench K2 were so crappy that they hurt my ears.....i.e. when PITA passengers complained of being either cold or hot when the front was set for ME.......on the T1 I went for the floor console just to get upper rear vents to hold down the complaints.

DSCN0960.JPG.c7e44c9d715146d1c6dd84aa65145be5.JPG

DSCN0961.JPG.677f373a32706a7a9cbae314ead8156c.JPG

I appreciate all the complements, Thank you. 

One problem with getting things patented anymore is as soon as you do the Chinese monitor the US patents on a daily basis and as soon as they see something  pop up that they think will be a hot seller they start copying it way cheaper than anyone over here. Then you are out thousands of dollars you spent getting it patented.

As far as me printing them, it takes about 5 or 6 hours each and I only have one printer but I will order another spool of black filament and start printing some for the ones that want a set. I will to do it for $25.00 a set.

If anyone else wants to download the files, print and sell them I don't care as long as you don't charge over $25.00.

• Thanks 1

Any way you can design a cheaper and/or more durable trunnion bushing? In Canada they're 40 bucks a pop (employee discount) + tax.

17 hours ago, 737mechanic said:

I appreciate all the complements, Thank you. 

One problem with getting things patented anymore is as soon as you do the Chinese monitor the US patents on a daily basis and as soon as they see something  pop up that they think will be a hot seller they start copying it way cheaper than anyone over here. Then you are out thousands of dollars you spent getting it patented.

As far as me printing them, it takes about 5 or 6 hours each and I only have one printer but I will order another spool of black filament and start printing some for the ones that want a set. I will to do it for $25.00 a set.

If anyone else wants to download the files, print and sell them I don't care as long as you don't charge over $25.00.

Don’t have a 3D printer so you could put down for a set 

Mine finished after about 9 hours and I just tried putting them on.  The driver side was very tight and barely went on, the passenger side cracked due to the force I was putting on it.  I'll have to check my settings and try another print, there was a bit of overage during my print so I may need to do a little fine tuning to make this work on my printer.  I don't have a high end filament printer so sometimes I have to make a few adjustments to get prints to come out the way I want them.  But I also got it for free so its hard to complain.  Hopefully I can make a better print and get them in my truck this weekend.

if you can make these so they step up to 1.5" or 2" shop vac hose that would be great for K9 truck owners with the camper shell and pass thru sliding window in rear.

shoot it would be nice to run a hose up my pants leg on a hot summer days just to cool off while wearing pants

Edited by flyingfool

Dude, you made the front page!!!

You're on the front page of gm-trucks.com when you go to it, and they did a special article on you:

https://www.gm-trucks.com/someone-just-shared-a-free-fix-for-one-of-the-2014-2019-silverados-worst-flaws/

Congrats!!!

I still find it insane that my 2006 Sierra Crew Cab had rear vents in the middle console thing that my kids could use, and now my 2017 has these crappy under the seat vents.

I would like a set as well, as I contemplate a 3D printer of my own - a lot to consider.  Please PM me regarding payment, shipping, etc.  Thanks in advance!