Hey all,

I have a 2016 Silverado Midnight edition. The factory size of my tires are 265 65 R18. I recently put on 275 70 R18 and 2” rough country spacers. I’m getting a little rubbing on the insides of the wheel wells when I turn my wheel fully. The fronts barely clear. What’s the best way to fix? I could just avoid turning the wheel all the way but I don’t really want to go that route. Would a lift help? Or maybe cutting out some of the plastic? Or should I just deal with it until the tire wears down some because they are brand new?

You state on this topic "Wheel Spacers rubbing"

Did you put on spacers on the wheels or did you install a leveling kit on the suspension..

If you had to install wheels spacers, then that will be the problem.

Installing leveling kits do not "usually"change the geometry of the front wheels.

If you used wheels other than factory wheels, then that could be the problem.

If the diameter of the new tires are larger than the stock wheels, then that also could be a problem.

If they do not fit correctly then do not drive the truck like that, I've seen trucks that break steering parts and other suspension parts.

If the offset is different than the factory wheels and tires, then a wheels spacer can help the problem.

There are some wheel spacers that are too dangerous and can kill you and others.

On my truck I ultimately installed 2.5" spacers to make the Nissan wheels fit correctly.

The way to do this is to get spacers that are wheel centric and hub centric. 

I don't pretend that I know all, only difference is that I'm 69 years old and been customizing vehicles most of my life. I've made all the mistakes also... LOL

If you want any specific info I would be honored to share my old man knowledge with you guys.