Tie downs???

What is everyone using for tie downs in the bed? There are 9 plugged holes that tie downs can fit into but GMC wants $105 for 4 friggin’ tie downs. I’d need at least 8 so my cargo net can cover the entire bed and keep things from flying out. The 12 that are built in aren’t enough for the net. 

thanks in advance.... 

9 minutes ago, geoffrsc said:

Thanks! Those are the ones I went with... bought two sets for less than one set from GM. I see the “defect” that these have and that won’t be a problem to easily fix before installing. 

• Like 1

I bought a nine-pack of Bullrings for each of my trucks.  About $100 for a nine-pack.  They work great and they retract, unlike those GM tiedowns.  I'm not going to quibble over a few bucks when I paid almost $85k for my two trucks.  Going cheap almost never works out in the end.

Just installed 6 bullrings around the sides. Took 5 minutes and love that they are angled. I also like that they tuck away when not in use and are rated to 1000 lbs each. Even though the bed wall can only support 250 lbs

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 5:29 PM, Dali555 said:

What is everyone using for tie downs in the bed? There are 9 plugged holes that tie downs can fit into but GMC wants $105 for 4 friggin’ tie downs. I’d need at least 8 so my cargo net can cover the entire bed and keep things from flying out. The 12 that are built in aren’t enough for the net. 

thanks in advance.... 

I picked up these from Ebay, all 9 for $36.  I've used them in a couple other trucks without trouble.

Screenshot_20200722-103448_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200722-103514_eBay.jpg

On 6/16/2020 at 9:15 PM, geoffrsc said:

Thanks for the link. Just picked up 2 sets. 

• Like 1

I picked up these from Ebay, all 9 for $36.  I've used them in a couple other trucks without trouble.
Screenshot_20200722-103448_eBay.thumb.jpg.c0eda7acb390be4200a0d9ea24e007cd.jpg
Screenshot_20200722-103514_eBay.thumb.jpg.616c554b83d87b73c9dba34bb478e6d5.jpg
I have these and cannot figure out how to install them. Instructions are bad. I can see how they should go but can't figure it out

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thread the bolt in a couple turns, then slide it in the hole, turn the bolt a little so it turns the flat bracket, once its up and down, pull on the loop so the flat bracket is tight against the inside of the panel and hand tighten the bolt until it all fits together, once its hand tight then get your wrench and finish it off...