Help! Fuse 43 (Engine) keeps blowing

Hey Guys, will get straight to the point. I want to see if anyone has knowledge on this before I spend oodles of money at the dealer.

Went to start up truck yesterday, it did not seem to want to run at all. After diagnosing and checking codes, I changed MAF. That did not work. Next, I checked the fuses (should have checked these first) I found that the 43rd Fuse was blown based on the codes I had and comparing them to this link:

https://www.justanswer.com/chevy/cdkgt-p0097-p0102-p2199-p00f4-codes-tried-reset.html

Here are my codes:

https://imgur.com/a/yCDBcUL

That worked yay! I let it sit for a bit. (10 minutes). Got in, started to drive, was watching the MAF, LOAD %, and Air/fuel on my phone and boom about 3 minutes in, fuse is blown. It has done this consistently. No high in rpm, not heavy load, no huge bumps/bumps at all. just normal driving. with simple checking, I dont see any obvious cable issues. I do not live in snowy/salt climate, it has been hot. Thats all.

2017 Sierra

6.2l

Custom Tune

was it on a hot morning? yes

11 hours ago, davester said:

which was?

The Blue/Violet Wiring listed in the link above went to the MAF as indicated and the Air/Fuel Mixture sensor. For my truck, having the setup/engine I have, I do not have the Flex fuel setup OEM. There is a plug that does not connect to anything and just sits on the corner support of the frame at the Front of the Fuel Tank. This Plug is capped, BUT, not tied down to anything. It has a lot more movement than it did from factory so, it started dangling off the corner support, causing the wires to rub against the sharp frame metal. This is what caused the Fuse to blow while driving.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 7/13/2020 at 10:26 AM, Charles P. said:

The Blue/Violet Wiring listed in the link above went to the MAF as indicated and the Air/Fuel Mixture sensor. For my truck, having the setup/engine I have, I do not have the Flex fuel setup OEM. There is a plug that does not connect to anything and just sits on the corner support of the frame at the Front of the Fuel Tank. This Plug is capped, BUT, not tied down to anything. It has a lot more movement than it did from factory so, it started dangling off the corner support, causing the wires to rub against the sharp frame metal. This is what caused the Fuse to blow while driving.

Can u please post some pictures please im having the same issue please 

14 hours ago, Cesar80 said:

Can u please post some pictures please im having the same issue please 

Welcome to the site.

My guess from reading the above posts would be around 5:30 into this video.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...