2019 Sierra Denali RIP

Which one.. 6.2 or Diesel - Denali Ultimate carbon pro  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ended up getting nailed by a car being pursued by the police, truck was officially declared totaled and is heading off to the salvage yard.  Frame bent, cab tweaked, and all drive components are busted or leaking,, not to mention all the misc. body panels and supports.etc.. Truck definitely did a great job protecting me and my passengers.  60 mph crash.  Starting looking for a replacement, same truck, ultimate with 6.2lL, dealer inventory in the northeast is low, looking for satin steel metallic, 6.2, performance, carbon pro, etc.  what’s the order timeline?

any thoughts on the diesel version? Seems to be more of those available..I’m not towing basically a weekend truck, this one only had 8k on it,  btw the looser that hit me had no license, no registration and ya you guessed it, no insurance....

7088D07C-15E8-4115-B43C-369A8AF854FE.jpeg

Edited by jbshoo
Info
  • Sad 2

Must have been a smart car or something to do that kinda damage at 60mph lol.

I woulda though the whole front end would be in the windshield if you got smacked at 60mph. Did they just glance off you?

He was driving a 90’s Jeep Cherokee, his driver side caught my drivers side as he attempted to swerve around a cruiser.  His front tire ended up in his  cab.  He definitely felt it,,

35 minutes ago, jbshoo said:

He was driving a 90’s Jeep Cherokee, his driver side caught my drivers side as he attempted to swerve around a cruiser.  His front tire ended up in his  cab.  He definitely felt it,,

I will say, he is probably real sorry he hit me vs a Prius

Jeep or Prius?

First and foremost glad you are okay.  Truck looks like it did exactly what it was designed to do.  Good luck with the replacement, 2021's are basically here, so maybe you can find a 20 and a great deal or get a newer model year truck with a 21.  Trying to make lemonade here, as if it were me, I would want to choke out the loser who did this to you.....but no, no: puppies, and flowers and sunshine.  Breathe.   Now I feel better.

Glad your ok. Super shocked they had no license or insurance [emoji849]

Hopefully insurance doesn’t make you rush into a new truck. Maybe open your search area. Might be worth renting a car or a plane ride to go get a new one

Ryan B.

• Like 1

Personally, I'd at least ask a lawyer if the city would be responsible for any damages .....  

Cuz you know your insurance company is gonna low ball you.

And you'll LOVE the mileage on the diesel.

Edited by steve841

I voted diesel. Just such a solid engine even if it isn't a speed demon. It's like a power lifter vs a cross trainer lol, wish I had one.

Man that truck took the hit good and glad your ok. This is why both myself and my wife have trucks. Wish my daughter would have taken a truck as her first vehicle, she likes cars and it makes me nervous but it was her money.

Short story, a year ago at work we heard a loud bang and went outside. A late model Dodge Ram 1500 had slammed into a K2 Silverado on our 45mph road, the Silverado was standing on his brakes while the Dodge was still spinning tires against him. In front of them was a school bus letting kids out. The Dodge driver had a stroke and the Chevy driver wasn't going to risk letting him go and hit the school kids. Cops showed up, busted out the windows and turned the Dodge off (after it had blown out it's tires and cut groves into the concrete.) Chevy driver had a good sized dent in his bumper and drove away. Made me feel good about what I drive.

Edited by batman900

Thanks folks.., I started my search yesterday, I saw the carbon pro online, the only thing I’m not a fan of is the tow mirrors,  I may just have one built and get it exactly the way I want,  most around this area are “in transit” and no eta for arriving at dealerships, and the ones that are in transit, most do not have all options I’m looking for.

I did find one exactly the way I wanted it, however when I called it was just sold in Alabama.  I then thought I would check out the AT4’s, but I’ve been a Denali owner for years.  This was my 6th one,

I been  a Denali owner for while as well and I took one look at an AT4 and it was not for me.  Also the Denali Ultimate has the retractable running boards which I cannot live with out, the are now offering them on the 2500-3500 GMC Denali HD's in 2021.  Once you have a Denali, everything else IMO is a downgrade.  I recently saw an AT4 and a Denali side-by-side on the dealer lot, both in black and hands down the Denali would be my choice.

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1