Is the RC level kit safe for Traill boss?

Hmmm, interesting.  Didn't see it on their site.  I have the 1.5" and same here, my dealer put it on with no issues and even said they were going to start putting them on some of their trucks prior to sale.

I’d probably do the 1.5” also, just to be safe. Wait, the one I saw is for the AT4. Wonder why it wouldn’t work with the trail boss, aren’t they the same thing? Interesting.

28d893f90c70a4dc406f6ec95b5c5c61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 8/8/2020 at 1:43 PM, AEmedic said:

I did 1” of a 2” level kit and really like it.  It leaves just a little rake so that a load or trailer doesn’t make the truck nose high!

Really? Does the pic have a load in the bed because it looks nose high in that pic...

OP, safe means something different to each person which is why people are running around with 2.5-3" leveling spacers thinking it is safe. What you need to realize you are essentially stacking leveling kits as the factory TB/AT4 is a leveling kit. If you do, I would make sure to at least add new UCA's since they are standard UCA's and running nearly 4" of lift them is just too much long term. Sure they are probably fine for a while or those who never leave the pavement which realistically is most, but that angle is a ton and that is a common failure in any IFS truck that is leveled. Most anyone who says they haven't had a problem and are running that much don't have many miles on it and haven't been abusing it off road. 

Tyler

11 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Really? Does the pic have a load in the bed because it looks nose high in that pic...

OP, safe means something different to each person which is why people are running around with 2.5-3" leveling spacers thinking it is safe. What you need to realize you are essentially stacking leveling kits as the factory TB/AT4 is a leveling kit. If you do, I would make sure to at least add new UCA's since they are standard UCA's and running nearly 4" of lift them is just too much long term. Sure they are probably fine for a while or those who never leave the pavement which realistically is most, but that angle is a ton and that is a common failure in any IFS truck that is leveled. Most anyone who says they haven't had a problem and are running that much don't have many miles on it and haven't been abusing it off road. 

Tyler

This is incorrect , its not a leveling kit on the trailboss , its a lift. And the UCA on the trail boss are not the same as ones on a regular 1500, so they have already compensated for any ball joint angle from the factory. You are just leveling the front end , there are 1” levels for the TB that have  nearly 0 effect on ball joint angle so no need to change UCA. 

But to each there own. People have done the level with UCA and experienced failures lol, bad installs are bad installs . 

6 hours ago, Jav_eee said:

Can you link one? Genuinely interested in seeing it as this is the first time I hear about it.

The ready lift kit doesnt address the cv , it only addresses the ball joint.

there is a kit , a simple kit from motofab.

This is actually a way safer solution as its raising the truck 1”, it will have a rake but very little. This will provide a better angle for cv than the ready lift and maintins almost factory ball joint angles.

https://motofablifts.com/i-30558313-2019-2020-silverado-trail-boss-or-sierra-at4-1-front-leveling-lift-kit.html?ref=category:1390599

Right on the ready lift site 
50FA444B-D0B7-45A1-8DAF-5F2A62E47157.thumb.jpeg.348d080b0b1c687292b9561ca8ead65b.jpeg

Eh I’d take a review like that with a grain of salt. Haters gonna hate. That being said, I have yet to actually see someone on the forums and Facebook pages say they’re CV axles were damaged as a result of a leveling kit. It’s always been the ball joint. Also, is it possible he continued to use auto 4wd despite readylift advising against it? He’s not gonna say ;)

23 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

Eh I’d take a review like that with a grain of salt. Haters gonna hate. That being said, I have yet to actually see someone on the forums and Facebook pages say they’re CV axles were damaged as a result of a leveling kit. It’s always been the ball joint. Also, is it possible he continued to use auto 4wd despite readylift advising against it? He’s not gonna say ?

I take everything with a grain of salt , even thia forum, tons of misinformation or speculation passed off as fact, that said there are more out there with issues with the ready lift.Ready lift responds to bad reviews, they didnt to that one and buddy mentioned they gave him a full refund. Lots of people have the 19s with over 25k on a regular levels no issues, you shouldnt go over 1” with lower spacer.

just be aware that the ready lift kit for this years models, with the control arms arent bullet proof. They have had issues with them too.

I know for the actual lifts they recommend not using auto 4wd but still using 4 hi and lo but didnt see that for the level, where does it state that?

Edited by Chips

I take everything with a grain of salt , even thia forum, tons of misinformation or speculation passed off as fact, that said there are more out there with issues with the ready lift.Ready lift responds to bad reviews, they didnt to that one and buddy mentioned they gave him a full refund. Lots of people have the 19s with over 25k on a regular levels no issues, you shouldnt go over 1” with lower spacer.

just be aware that the ready lift kit for this years models, with the control arms arent bullet proof. They have had issues with them too.

I know for the actual lifts they recommend not using auto 4wd but still using 4 hi and lo but didnt see that for the level, where does it state that?

That’s why I tel people there are other option, that readylift isn’t the end of the leveling conversation. Many companies make UCAs.

The devil, this time, is way down in the details.. bf69e25068756e2895e32a1adadf1204.jpg

1 hour ago, Jav_eee said:

That’s why I tel people there are other option, that readylift isn’t the end of the leveling conversation. Many companies make UCAs.

The devil, this time, is way down in the details.. bf69e25068756e2895e32a1adadf1204.jpg

Dude lol, thats for the sst lift Not the level.

Dude lol, thats for the sst lift Not the level.

Dude lol, I figured that’s what you alluding to BUT just because they call it a lift doesn’t mean it’s a lift. A 1/4” over the one they call a leveling kit makes it a lift? Or is it the taller block in the back? A true lift drops the appropriate components like the front diff. This does not. It’s nothing more than a leveling kit with a taller rear block.

39 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

Dude lol, I figured that’s what you alluding to BUT just because they call it a lift doesn’t mean it’s a lift. A 1/4” over the one they call a leveling kit makes it a lift? Or is it the taller block in the back? A true lift drops the appropriate components like the front diff. This does not. It’s nothing more than a leveling kit with a taller rear block.

Im just stating ready lift does not state with the level lit that you can not use auto 4wd.

doesnt state it anywhere for the level.

Im just stating ready lift does not state with the level lit that you can not use auto 4wd.

doesnt state it anywhere for the level.

You’re right. I could’ve swore I saw a similar warning with the 1.75” kit. It’s crazy that only .25” more height requires that warning.

9 hours ago, Jav_eee said:

You’re right. I could’ve swore I saw a similar warning with the 1.75” kit. It’s crazy that only .25” more height requires that warning.

It's entirely plausible they meant to post the warning on the 1.75" level kit as well and no one has caught it yet.  

21 hours ago, Chips said:

And the UCA on the trail boss are not the same as ones on a regular 1500, so they have already compensated for any ball joint angle from the factory.

I haven't looked at the parts diagrams, but I think the UCAs are the same from regular 1500 to Trailboss.  I feel like GM would have included them in the factory Trailboss accessory lift kit that they have to warranty if it actually needed them.